JoeJoe

Default Carpet gripper

Has anybody had any experience with this-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...7348&id=25483?

Or it is there any reason to spend the extra tenner on this one
http://www.discounted-carpet-underla...k/gripper.html (I can get it for
~£30 off eBay)?

Looking to use it with a cheap carpet with no underlay in a flat that I am
about to put on the market, so just looking for tidy edging ...

Grunff

JoeJoe wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with this-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...7348&id=25483?

We used these, and they were absolutely fine - I really can't think what
I'd change about them.

--
Grunff
Richard Faulkner

In message , JoeJoe
writes
Has anybody had any experience with this-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...7348&id=25483?

Or it is there any reason to spend the extra tenner on this one
http://www.discounted-carpet-underla...k/gripper.html (I can get it for
~£30 off eBay)?

Looking to use it with a cheap carpet with no underlay in a flat that I am
about to put on the market, so just looking for tidy edging ...

Not sure that 8 quid is going to break the bank if you are selling a
flat, but I dont know of any reason not to buy the cheaper one.

On another note - Have you noticed how much more luxurious an expensive
underlay can make a cheap carpet feel. I use carpet at £3 a sq.yd. with
Cloud 9 Cumulus underlay, (around £40/45 for 18 sq.yds on ebay). It
feels a million dollars compared with either cheap, or no, underlay,
will give buyers a much better perception of the flat, and will either
get you more money for the flat, or a quicker sale.

--
Richard Faulkner
Rob Morley

In article , "Richard Faulkner"
says...
In message , JoeJoe
writes
[...]

Cheap underlay will probably be effective in the short term -
certainly a lot better than none at all.
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 02:43:48 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

Cheap underlay will probably be effective in the short term -
certainly a lot better than none at all.

And it'll help stop that bump around the edge of the room where the
gripper strip is under the carpet. If I saw that in a flat I was
thinking of buying I'd thing cheap, nasty and what other corners have
been cut that haven't spotted or worse can't see.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail