David Lang

Default Random Orbit Sanders

Hi

Having bought a cheapo ROS to try, I'm hooked big time and am going to buy a
quality model.

Most seem to have a 3mm orbit, but I've seen one at 5mm.

What's the score on the orbit size? Is a bigger orbit better or just better
at something?

Dave

Andy Hall

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:29:18 GMT, "David Lang"
wrote:

Hi

Having bought a cheapo ROS to try, I'm hooked big time and am going to buy a
quality model.

Most seem to have a 3mm orbit, but I've seen one at 5mm.

What's the score on the orbit size? Is a bigger orbit better or just better
at something?

Dave

I can highly recommend the Metabo SXE450. This has dual 3mm and 6mm
orbit which can be used according to application - smaller for fine
finish and larger for more material removal. The vibration from this
sander is very low to the point that I can use it for most of the day
without getting tingling fingers.

Dust collection is quite good into the integral bag but even better if
a vacuum attachment is used.

Cost is approx £130, incl.

--

..andy