bub

Default Boiler - Documentation Requirements?

Hi,

What documentation do I need to ensure the new boiler I've had fitted
is all legit and legal? I've been given a copy of an invoice from a
Corgi guy (he didn't install it) who did a safey check and gave it the
thumbs up. Is this enough?

Cheers,

bub.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On 14 Jul 2005 03:47:18 -0700, "bub" wrote:

Hi,

What documentation do I need to ensure the new boiler I've had fitted
is all legit and legal? I've been given a copy of an invoice from a
Corgi guy (he didn't install it) who did a safey check and gave it the
thumbs up. Is this enough?

Yes. Unless you are renting.
Ed Sirett

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 03:47:18 -0700, bub wrote:

Hi,

What documentation do I need to ensure the new boiler I've had fitted
is all legit and legal? I've been given a copy of an invoice from a
Corgi guy (he didn't install it) who did a safey check and gave it the
thumbs up. Is this enough?

Well you should really have received the installation and servicing
instructions. The user manual if separate. The benchmark log book.
And if you are really keen the boiler should have been notified through
CORGI (or otherwise) to building control and you should get something to
say so.

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 02:59:55 -0700, bub wrote:

Well you should really have received the installation and servicing
instructions. The user manual if separate.

Yes, I did receive those.

The benchmark log book.

No log book though - is this something that I should chase up?

You _might_ have a problem getting the manufacturers to fix it under
warranty. OTOH you probably won't need it.

And if you are really keen the boiler should have been notified through
CORGI (or otherwise) to building control and you should get something to
say so.

Is this essential? As far as I'm aware this hasn't been done. Does this
relate to the sellers pack?

It remains to be sen just how 'essential' this will be. I doubt that even
a small proportion of homes will have all the correct paper-trail when the
'sellers pack' stuff comes in.

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM