john

Default Lubrication dilema

My garage door is a Henderson Canopy door with nylon rollers running in a
vertical tracck.

I have just given the track a good clean and I am wondering is it best to
lubricate the track - which could cause the rollers to merely slide - or
keep the track dry and clean to encourage the rollers to rotate as wheels.
(however if they don't they will get flats on them.)

I have a similar situation with kitchen drawer units - the rollers now have
flats on them and they act as sliders rather than rollers.

Ian Stirling

john wrote:
My garage door is a Henderson Canopy door with nylon rollers running in a
vertical tracck.

I have just given the track a good clean and I am wondering is it best to
lubricate the track - which could cause the rollers to merely slide - or
keep the track dry and clean to encourage the rollers to rotate as wheels.
(however if they don't they will get flats on them.)

I have a similar situation with kitchen drawer units - the rollers now have
flats on them and they act as sliders rather than rollers.

You don't want to lubricate the track.
If you feel the need to lubricate anything, and the rollers are sticking,
you might try a little bit of plastic compatible grease into the bearings.

john wrote:

My garage door is a Henderson Canopy door with nylon rollers running in a
vertical tracck.

I have just given the track a good clean and I am wondering is it best to
lubricate the track - which could cause the rollers to merely slide - or
keep the track dry and clean to encourage the rollers to rotate as wheels.
(however if they don't they will get flats on them.)

I have a similar situation with kitchen drawer units - the rollers now have
flats on them and they act as sliders rather than rollers.

Henderson garage door gear is the worst, those wheels will wear right
down in one place. Best accept it and prolong life and function by
greasing it all. Least it lasts longer.

NT