Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Fred

Default plumbers invoice

Hello, I have posted about this plumber before as I am still having
problems with my central heating system, but his invoice for a few
small jobs must be the reason why so many people want to become
plumbers these days

1 emergency call out to fit a new washer on the pipe connecting the
dishwasher (time of actual work 10 minutes)

all in one outing
1 thermostatic valve fitted to a radiator
1 tap swapped at the kitchen sink
1 replaced stoptap and ball valve
total time of this outing 90 minutes max

he first wanted to also charge for work ot the central heating system
that I insist was warranty related. With my stubborn resistance he
lowered the invoice. This guy used to be the "family" plumber, hence I
did not insist on quotes for all of the above thinking that I full
well knew ball park figures for these jobs.

Anybody wishing to take a guess...

280 pounds all inclusive.

Say the callout cost me 100 quid - money quickly made for him but
never mind. The rest are small jobs imho, certainly not worth 180
pounds, even in a decent, fairly expensive part of the North. Is there
a comeback for me or just a bitter pill to swallow?

Fred

Plumbers - unfair reputation as bad guys jon UK diy 14 June 16th 05 11:36 PM
Drains leak with plumber's putty Greg Home Repair 9 May 19th 05 08:58 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Tool Thieves Tom Watson Woodworking 43 March 18th 05 07:56 PM