s--p--o--n--i--x

Default Oven flame

The oven burns with a yellow tinged flame. Not sure if it has always
done this or has occured over a period of time. I'm assuming the flame
should be mainly blue?

Is it a problem?

(It doesn't set off the CO detector or anything)

sponix
BigWallop

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
The oven burns with a yellow tinged flame. Not sure if it has always
done this or has occured over a period of time. I'm assuming the flame
should be mainly blue?

Is it a problem?

(It doesn't set off the CO detector or anything)

sponix

Make sure the burner is clean and clear, and that nothing has fallen against
it. I once found a haddock fillet, which had literally turned to charcoal,
lying against the burner of a gas oven. It created the same symptoms you
have.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:55:24 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
The oven burns with a yellow tinged flame. Not sure if it has always
done this or has occured over a period of time. I'm assuming the flame
should be mainly blue?

Is it a problem?

(It doesn't set off the CO detector or anything)

sponix

Make sure the burner is clean and clear, and that nothing has fallen against
it. I once found a haddock fillet, which had literally turned to charcoal,
lying against the burner of a gas oven. It created the same symptoms you
have.

Must admit it hasn't been properly cleaned in a long time. The top of
the burner gets cleaned but the bit with the jet where it mixes the
gas and air could probably do with a scrub. Perhaps a pork chop has
got stuck in there or maybe a chicken nugget?

sponix
BigWallop

wrote:

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
[...]

Or, as I found recently on one call out, a little mouse. There have been
loads of mice around this year. :-) I just hope the little bugger had been
gases before the flame caught.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:04:40 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Or, as I found recently on one call out, a little mouse. There have been
loads of mice around this year. :-) I just hope the little bugger had been
gases before the flame caught.

"Mummy! One of my fish fingers is furry and has a tail!"

BigWallop

wrote:

Or, as I found recently on one call out, a little mouse. There have been
loads of mice around this year. :-) I just hope the little bugger had

been
gases before the flame caught.

"Mummy! One of my fish fingers is furry and has a tail!"

ROFL!!! What a thought. :-)

I had one lady tell me of the little mouse in her gas oven. She'd started
to pre-heat the oven for the Sunday roast, and within a minute of turning
the gas on, there was a little mouse squeaking and tapping on the glass door
to get out. She wasn't very amused when I told her they taste better after
three minutes on full power in a 850 W microwave. :-) LOL