Default plastering over aluminium sheet

I will have to plaster over a small area of aluminium sheet (less than
a foot square) on brick wall. Bricks all around. I know you can plaster
over the expanded metal, but any issues with a sheet of it ? It may get
hot as shower supply pipes go through it. Any problems / things to look
out for ?
Cheers,
Simon.

Plate a bit smaller than I said, plus about 2mm thick, so shouldn't
flex I hope.
I'll score it and use PVA before I plaster. Maybe I will drill a few
small holes for extra key.
Simon.