Julian Fowler

Default looking for an electric water pump ...

Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can
use to pump water out of a child's paddling pool? Ironicly, my local
B&Q had exactly what I need last weekend, which I (foolishly, in
retrospect) didn't buy on the spot. Today, of course, not only do
they not have it, but deny that they ever did :-( Admittedly, I can
see anything similar on the www.diy.com website.

Julian

--
Julian Fowler
BigWallop

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can
use to pump water out of a child's paddling pool? Ironicly, my local
B&Q had exactly what I need last weekend, which I (foolishly, in
retrospect) didn't buy on the spot. Today, of course, not only do
they not have it, but deny that they ever did :-( Admittedly, I can
see anything similar on the www.diy.com website.

Julian

What type of paddling pool is it Julian. Does it hold more than five or six
buckets full of water ? Is it to heavy without the kids in it to carry or
drag across the lawn to where you want to empty it ? Can't it just be
deflated or folded to let the water out, great for watering the garden when
sun's been out, also saves on the charges in some places, or even take a
length of garden hose and siphon the water out to where you want to empty
it.

The only time I'd use a pump in kids paddling pool is if I'd turned it into
water feature with a fountain in the middle.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Julian Fowler

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:19:56 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can
use to pump water out of a child's paddling pool? Ironicly, my local
B&Q had exactly what I need last weekend, which I (foolishly, in
retrospect) didn't buy on the spot. Today, of course, not only do
they not have it, but deny that they ever did :-( Admittedly, I can
see anything similar on the www.diy.com website.

Julian

What type of paddling pool is it Julian. Does it hold more than five or six
buckets full of water ? Is it to heavy without the kids in it to carry or
drag across the lawn to where you want to empty it ?

Somewhat - its about 8ft across and 2ft deep. Maybe "padding pool"
gives the wrong impression :-)

Can't it just be
deflated or folded to let the water out, great for watering the garden when
sun's been out, also saves on the charges in some places, or even take a
length of garden hose and siphon the water out to where you want to empty
it.

Problem is that the place where we put the pool isn't where we'd want
to reuse the water. The idea is that we should be able (either when
changing the water in the pool, or emptying it completely) to transfer
the contents to one of a number of water butts from which it can be
reused for garden watering. Siphoning is probably impractical as the
ground where the water butts are is higher than the pool :-(

Julian

--
Julian Fowler
John Stumbles

wrote:

[...]

CPC do a little submersible ('hippo' type) for about £30

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

BigWallop

wrote:

[...]

That's an Olympic sized swimming pool. I had scenes of a huge big pump
drawing water from a little round inflatable puddle maker. :-))

There are loads to choose from Sir:

http://www.pumpinternational.com/SUBMERSIBLE.HTM

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...20AslashL.html

http://www.justgenerators.co.uk/page...siblepumps.htm

And lots, lots more.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Peter Parry

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:51:04 +0100, Julian Fowler
wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can
use to pump water out of a child's paddling pool?

Small bilge pump for a boat? eg:-

http://marinestore.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=mrst&Product_Co de=37551&Category_Code=pumpelec

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
geoff

In message , Julian Fowler
writes
Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can
use to pump water out of a child's paddling pool? Ironicly, my local
B&Q had exactly what I need last weekend, which I (foolishly, in
retrospect) didn't buy on the spot. Today, of course, not only do
they not have it, but deny that they ever did :-( Admittedly, I can
see anything similar on the www.diy.com website.

Julian

I think CPC do a sump pump for about 30-40 quid
--
geoff
Peter K

Makro cash & carry will be selling an Einhall 7000l/h submersible pump with
a float switch for £20 + vat from 9/7. They have sold these pumps and
Einhell drills in the past so I assume they work

PK

Toby

Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can

The drill powered "zenpump" from Axminster £5.50, just add hose. (plus brick
to lay on top of drill)

Toby.

Abdullah Eyles

"Toby" wrote in message ...
Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can

The drill powered "zenpump" from Axminster £5.50, just add hose. (plus brick
to lay on top of drill)

Toby.

I have a drill-pump, but am always worried that the drops leaking from
the pump will splash onto the drill and .... you've guessed it...
don't use a drill (or anything else) outside without an ELCB in the
circuit...

Heating & hot water crisis - advice sought Trevor UK diy 4 July 16th 03 11:53 PM
Under-floor heating for a bathroom - hot water or electric, and how to control? BigWallop UK diy 13 July 8th 03 08:46 PM
Is my electric shower about to fail? BigWallop UK diy 2 July 5th 03 01:57 AM
Central Heating Pump john UK diy 3 July 4th 03 08:57 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM