Alan

Default Black overflow pipe?

Hello,

I'm after black overflow pipe - or similar, but it must be black or brown,
NOT white!

This is for the condensation drain from an AC system, going on an external
wall. White will stand out far too much, however local sheds and screwfix
only stock white. The nearest I can find to what I want is 20mm black
electrical conduit, (overflow is 21.5mm) however elbows for this are usually
inspection type and not designed to be sealed for water. Also, would this
stand up to UV if used outside?

Can anyone suggest a supplier or an alternative? I'd rather not use
rainwater downpipe as it's far too big for the application.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Owain

Alan wrote:
I'm after black overflow pipe - or similar, but it must be black or brown,
NOT white!
This is for the condensation drain from an AC system, going on an external
wall. White will stand out far too much, however local sheds and screwfix
only stock white. The nearest I can find to what I want is 20mm black
electrical conduit, (overflow is 21.5mm) however elbows for this are usually
inspection type and not designed to be sealed for water.

If you don't want too tight a bending radius, plastic conduit can be
bent with a bending spring and boiling water. You might also be able to
solvent weld the inspection covers on.

It's cheap enough to buy a length and some bits and play with it.

Also, would this stand up to UV if used outside?

Should do, that's one of the reasons for using conduit outside, to
protect the cable.

Owain
end user

Do as the stones do, Paint it Black.
Thats what i do.
You will get the paint from B & Q

Chipmunk

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:12:10 +0100, "Alan"
wrote:

Hello,

I'm after black overflow pipe - or similar, but it must be black or brown,
NOT white!

This is for the condensation drain from an AC system, going on an external
wall. White will stand out far too much, however local sheds and screwfix
only stock white. The nearest I can find to what I want is 20mm black
electrical conduit, (overflow is 21.5mm) however elbows for this are usually
inspection type and not designed to be sealed for water. Also, would this
stand up to UV if used outside?

Can anyone suggest a supplier or an alternative? I'd rather not use
rainwater downpipe as it's far too big for the application.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Yes it is UV stabilized, and should be fine outdoors. You can bend it
with a bending spring, I don't know if that helps you.

--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it
says something about human nature that the only form of

Jonathan Pearson

Marley do the lengths in chesnut brown, however not the bends (only
inwhite) - alternatively why dont you use copper pipe - after a few months
it will go dark brown?

Jon

Jonathan Pearson

....... or BES do the whole system in grey???

Jon

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Jonathan Pearson" writes:
Marley do the lengths in chesnut brown, however not the bends (only
inwhite) - alternatively why dont you use copper pipe - after a few months

Not suitable for the acidic condensate from a condensing boiler.

it will go dark brown?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Jonathan Pearson

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Not suitable for the acidic condensate from a condensing boiler.

Well as they say you learn something every day!!
Cheers
Jon

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Jonathan Pearson" writes:
Marley do the lengths in chesnut brown, however not the bends (only
inwhite) - alternatively why dont you use copper pipe - after a few months

Not suitable for the acidic condensate from a condensing boiler.

Where does the condensing boiler come into it? He said air con system.

Andrew

Alan

wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Jonathan Pearson" writes:
Marley do the lengths in chesnut brown, however not the bends (only
inwhite) - alternatively why dont you use copper pipe - after a few
months

Not suitable for the acidic condensate from a condensing boiler.

Where does the condensing boiler come into it? He said air con system.

Andrew

Correct - it's suprising just how much water it condeses out of the air!

Alan.

Andy Dingley

wrote:

elbows for this are usually
inspection type and not designed to be sealed for water.

They're gasket sealed and are OK for an overflow.

Or you could solvent weld them.
dave stanton

Also,
would this stand up to UV if used outside?

Alan.

Yes, thats why you use black conduit outside !

Dave