frank spencer

Default shower pump noise

My pump is in the airing cupboard but makes too much noise for her
indoors. I am thinking of enclosing it in some sound isolating material
and have seen some in homebase. Trouble is i think its about =A335 a
pack of 5 when I only want one or two sheets. Can anyone advise where i
may be able to get this stuff in sheets, I am in the Thames Valley, or
advise an alternative solution.

Philip Wagstaff

A plumber warned me not do something similar. He said the pump would
overheat.

"frank spencer" wrote in message
oups.com...
My pump is in the airing cupboard but makes too much noise for her
indoors. I am thinking of enclosing it in some sound isolating material
and have seen some in homebase. Trouble is i think its about £35 a
pack of 5 when I only want one or two sheets. Can anyone advise where i
may be able to get this stuff in sheets, I am in the Thames Valley, or
advise an alternative solution.

Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Philip Wagstaff" wrote in message
A plumber warned me not do something similar. He said the pump would
overheat.

"frank spencer" wrote in message
oups.com...
My pump is in the airing cupboard but makes too much noise for her
indoors. I am thinking of enclosing it in some sound isolating material
and have seen some in homebase. Trouble is i think its about £35 a
pack of 5 when I only want one or two sheets. Can anyone advise where i
may be able to get this stuff in sheets, I am in the Thames Valley, or
advise an alternative solution.

Also, you may find most of the noise is by "conduction". Is the pump
touching / screwed to a solid surface, aka sounding board? Also, the sound
will be transmitted through the pipes. Flexible pipes may reduce this a
bit, but the water will still conduct the noise.

Have you suggested earplugs?

Bob

frank spencer

Not touching anything except 3 layers of carpet and it has flexi
connectors. Might suggest the earplugs.

Advise on replacing shower pump AlanC UK diy 3 October 10th 05 02:06 PM
Shower pump location kmillar UK diy 2 February 3rd 05 03:49 PM
Deciding upon a shower pump - advise please! Riz1 UK diy 6 November 7th 04 04:06 AM
Shower Pump Questions Mary Hinge UK diy 6 September 7th 04 04:52 PM
Eep - shower pump, what size pipe? Simon Avery UK diy 1 December 2nd 03 09:52 AM