Default Low cold water pressure after bathroom fitting????

I have recently removed and reinstalled a shower, sink and loo in my
flat. (Third floor). The water is provided from a cold water tank in
the loft. Before installation the cold water pressure was fine but
after installation it has been greatly reduced to a trickle on all
three components. Hot water from the combi boiler is good. Any ideas
about what could be the problem????

nick smith

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have recently removed and reinstalled a shower, sink and loo in my
flat. (Third floor). The water is provided from a cold water tank in
the loft. Before installation the cold water pressure was fine but
after installation it has been greatly reduced to a trickle on all
three components. Hot water from the combi boiler is good. Any ideas
about what could be the problem????

Tap not fully open or partially blocked with e.g a bird skull (happened to me
!)?

Nick

Christian McArdle

The water is provided from a cold water tank in the loft.

Does the combi runs off the mains water? If so, and possibly anyway, I'd
reroute the cold water to the mains and remove the tank. This depends on
there being a good flow of mains water.

Christian.

RayDavis

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have recently removed and reinstalled a shower, sink and loo in my
flat. (Third floor). The water is provided from a cold water tank in
the loft. Before installation the cold water pressure was fine but
after installation it has been greatly reduced to a trickle on all
three components. Hot water from the combi boiler is good. Any ideas
about what could be the problem????

Is it pressure or flow rate? I wouldn't have imagined your pressure would
have been particularly high in this setup, although you might have had a
good flow rate.

It could be that isolation valves have been installed thus reducing the
potential flow rate. I had this myself when I installed my bathroom. I
replaced the 15mm valve with a 22mm one (including soldering a 'reducer'
each side).

Better Water Pressure For Only Ten Cents [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 18th 05 03:35 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM