ElectriciansForum

Default £50.00 to the winner

Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Hywel Jenkins

In article ,=20
says...
Electrician Forum here
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
=20
=A350.00 to the author of the most popular topic=20

Desperate for visitors are you?

--=20
Hywel

Kill the Crazy Frog
http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
Lurch

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:04:22 +0100, "ElectriciansForum"
strung together this:

£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Got no visitors? **** off spam merchant.
--

SJW
Owain

ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Thank you for your kind invitation to post to your forum.

I'm up to about 10 postings so far and hope everyone here comes and
visits your forum too.

Do you have any discussions on combi boilers?

Owain

John Rumm

Owain wrote:

ElectriciansForum wrote:

snip spam

I'm up to about 10 postings so far and hope everyone here comes and
visits your forum too.

Nicely done ;-) Wonder if they will get the message.

Do you have any discussions on combi boilers?

Oh, now that is evil... ;-) ok let loose the dogs of war...

Hey Dr. Drivel, why not pop over to to this supplychain forum and put em
straight for us?

--
Cheers,

John.

Stefek Zaba

ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Coo-ee. Lessee; we gots uk.d-i-y, where leccie talk is mixed in among
other stuff, not a few people who know their stuff weigh in, and a good
time is had by all.

We got the IEE Forum - mainly trade, pretty good signal-to-noise ratio.

Tell me again what the Unique Selling Proposition of the new Forum might be?
Doctor Evil

"Owain" wrote in message
t...
ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Thank you for your kind invitation to post to your forum.

I'm up to about 10 postings so far and hope everyone here comes and
visits your forum too.

Do you have any discussions on combi boilers?

There are electric combi boilers about.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
raden

In message , ElectriciansForum
writes
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

25 users and 3 online

good odds there

Shall I start a topic about ID cards then ?

--
geoff
raden

In message , Stefek Zaba
writes
ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Coo-ee. Lessee; we gots uk.d-i-y, where leccie talk is mixed in among
other stuff, not a few people who know their stuff weigh in, and a good
time is had by all.

We got the IEE Forum - mainly trade, pretty good signal-to-noise ratio.

Tell me again what the Unique Selling Proposition of the new Forum might be?

£50 to anyone who's got a friend whose uncle once met an electrician in
a bar

--
geoff
Owain

Stefek Zaba wrote:
ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Coo-ee. Lessee; we gots uk.d-i-y, where leccie talk is mixed in among
other stuff, not a few people who know their stuff weigh in, and a good
time is had by all.
We got the IEE Forum - mainly trade, pretty good signal-to-noise ratio.
Tell me again what the Unique Selling Proposition of the new Forum might
be?

I think it's an attempt to imitate the Screwfix forums and bring
customers to their website. There was a query about their online
catalogue not being up yet, so I helpfully posted a pointer to TLC with
the comment that lots of people here recommend them :-)

As I was, this morning, responsible for 8% of the total posts on the
forum, I think we (uk.diy) should invade with a winning thread and
donate the £50 to whoever pays for the FAQ website hosting/domain
registration. Or other deserving cause.

Owain

Owain

raden wrote:
In message , ElectriciansForum
writes
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

25 users and 3 online
good odds there
Shall I start a topic about ID cards then ?

You could, or you could follow up to my posting on ID cards *and* part P :-)

It's in the Welcome section.

(Sorry!)

Owain

raden

In message , Owain
writes
raden wrote:
In message , ElectriciansForum
writes
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

25 users and 3 online
good odds there
Shall I start a topic about ID cards then ?

You could, or you could follow up to my posting on ID cards *and* part P :-)

OK, part P it is then ...

Fireworks leaps into the fray

I just noticed that you didn't start the thread
Don't you have to start the thread to get the £50 ?

--
geoff

Owain wrote:

ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
=A350.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Thank you for your kind invitation to post to your forum.

I'm up to about 10 postings so far and hope everyone here comes and
visits your forum too.

Do you have any discussions on combi boilers?

Owain

That sir is a very smart comment. A brilliant piece of problem solving!

Ahem, there is a thread on combis there too... and the advice, ugh,
they must be idiots! (Smiling quietly and wondering)

NT

raden

In message .com,
writes
Owain wrote:

ElectriciansForum wrote:
Electrician Forum here
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
£50.00 to the author of the most popular topic

Thank you for your kind invitation to post to your forum.

I'm up to about 10 postings so far and hope everyone here comes and
visits your forum too.

Do you have any discussions on combi boilers?

Owain

That sir is a very smart comment. A brilliant piece of problem solving!

Ahem, there is a thread on combis there too... and the advice, ugh,
they must be idiots! (Smiling quietly and wondering)

But "author of the most popular topic"

so someone needs to start a decent thread, then we all pile in

--
geoff
John Rumm

raden wrote:

so someone needs to start a decent thread, then we all pile in

Fifty quid ought to buy us a pint each ;-)

I am sure we have plenty of threads we could just cut and paste!

--
Cheers,

John.

Owain

John Rumm wrote:
raden wrote:
so someone needs to start a decent thread, then we all pile in

Fifty quid ought to buy us a pint each ;-)
I am sure we have plenty of threads we could just cut and paste!

I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Owain

Stefek Zaba

Owain wrote:

I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Owain

Respect? Honour!? You, you, you dreadful HTML scraper, you. Why, that
page looks *so* similar to the voting page the site operator put up on
some other topic, a passing visitor might think it'd been put there by
same. Dreadful, the way php output can be captured and repurposed...

Bob Eager

wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
raden wrote:
so someone needs to start a decent thread, then we all pile in

Fifty quid ought to buy us a pint each ;-)
I am sure we have plenty of threads we could just cut and paste!

I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Wonderful...you register, and they tell you your password is encrypted
in their database and they can't retrieve it for you.

Then they email it to you in plain text!

Owain

Stefek Zaba wrote:
Owain wrote:
I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Respect? Honour!? You, you, you dreadful HTML scraper, you. Why, that
page looks *so* similar to the voting page the site operator put up on
some other topic, a passing visitor might think it'd been put there by
same. Dreadful, the way php output can be captured and repurposed...

I suppose it is, although I just clicked on 'add new topic' and added a
poll to it, me having the technical abilities of Eyeore with a hangover.

Owain

Bob Eager

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:00:44 UTC, Owain
wrote:

Stefek Zaba wrote:
Owain wrote:
I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Respect? Honour!? You, you, you dreadful HTML scraper, you. Why, that
page looks *so* similar to the voting page the site operator put up on
some other topic, a passing visitor might think it'd been put there by
same. Dreadful, the way php output can be captured and repurposed...

I suppose it is, although I just clicked on 'add new topic' and added a
poll to it, me having the technical abilities of Eyeore with a hangover.

I followed up your message with one that said "Well, uk.d-i-y,
obviously".

It's been edited to "Well, here, obviously".

So much for free speech. Explain that, Ellis.....

raden

In message , Owain
writes
John Rumm wrote:
raden wrote:
so someone needs to start a decent thread, then we all pile in

Fifty quid ought to buy us a pint each ;-)
I am sure we have plenty of threads we could just cut and paste!

I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Have I managed to wind up the dingaling ?

Lets see ...

--
geoff
raden

In message , Bob Eager
writes
wrote:

Stefek Zaba wrote:
Owain wrote:
I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present
Respect? Honour!? You, you, you dreadful HTML scraper, you. Why, that
page looks *so* similar to the voting page the site operator put up on
some other topic, a passing visitor might think it'd been put there by
same. Dreadful, the way php output can be captured and repurposed...

I suppose it is, although I just clicked on 'add new topic' and added a
poll to it, me having the technical abilities of Eyeore with a hangover.

I followed up your message with one that said "Well, uk.d-i-y,
obviously".

It's been edited to "Well, here, obviously".

So much for free speech. Explain that, Ellis.....

.... Rde42 ???

--
geoff
Owain

raden wrote:
I respectfully commend
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27
to the Hon Usenauts here present

Have I managed to wind up the dingaling ?
Lets see ...

If everybody would *vote* in the poll (assuming the votes aren't going
to be manipulated by the censor) we might win the poll and the fifty quid.

Owain

Bob Eager

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 17:41:43 UTC, raden wrote:

It's been edited to "Well, here, obviously".

So much for free speech. Explain that, Ellis.....

... Rde42 ???

Well, yes...same as I post under here...!

raden

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 17:41:43 UTC, raden wrote:

It's been edited to "Well, here, obviously".

So much for free speech. Explain that, Ellis.....

... Rde42 ???

Well, yes...same as I post under here...!

OK, I need an eye test

I noticed after I posted to "the other place"

--
geoff

raden

In message , Lurch
writes
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:36:42 GMT, raden strung
together this:

Have I managed to wind up the dingaling ?

Lets see ...

I think you'll find the mods have been at some of the dingalings
posts. Obviously the freedom of speech thing only works when they want
to spam somewhere else what with them being spamming ****tards.

The plot thickens

--
geoff