Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Default Kitchen units/flooring ?

Kitchen units being delivered tomorrow, floor is currently 18mm chip on
joists on top of thin screed UFH installation.

Question is... should main (final) flooring be laid first - then units
sat on top or, should units be fitted then flooring fitted up-to and
around units?

Haven't even decide on whether the lounge-Diner/Kitchen is going to be
all engineered wood floating floor or whether floor tiles (Slate or
something) will be used in the kitchen.

Suggestions (polite) please.

:¬)

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Christian McArdle

Question is... should main (final) flooring be laid first - then units
sat on top

The correct way.

, should units be fitted then flooring fitted up-to and around units?

The cheaper way.

Christian.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Christian McArdle wrote:
Question is... should main (final) flooring be laid first - then units
sat on top

The correct way.

, should units be fitted then flooring fitted up-to and around units?

The cheaper way.

Okkee Dokeee
Cheers

Pete
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" writes:
Kitchen units being delivered tomorrow, floor is currently 18mm chip on
joists on top of thin screed UFH installation.

Question is... should main (final) flooring be laid first - then units
sat on top or, should units be fitted then flooring fitted up-to and
around units?

Fit the floor first and sit the units on it (unless it's
a cheap floor which you expect to have to replace before
you replace the units).

Haven't even decide on whether the lounge-Diner/Kitchen is going to be
all engineered wood floating floor or whether floor tiles (Slate or
something) will be used in the kitchen.

Suggestions (polite) please.

Down to personal taste. I fitted ceramic floor tiles as I
quite like them, and they are fairly indestructable, e.g.
if something leaks in the kitchen (although mine are on a
solid floor -- not so sure about yours). Unfortunately,
I like small tiles, which took a lot longer to lay than
the normal size ones, but I'm very pleased with the result.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Christian McArdle

should units be fitted then flooring fitted up-to and around units?

The cheaper way.

Okkee Dokeee

I should say that I went for the cheap option myself!

You need a lot fewer tiles, but it makes it more difficult to change the
room configuration later.

Christian.

Oliver

Incase you thought about doing it the cheap way and only tiling upto the
units, bear in mind that depending on the thickness of the floor:
a) if you have floor mounted cooker it will be at a different height to the
worktop, a
b) and underworktop appliances i.e fridge washing machine etc may not fit
under the work top if you only tile under the appliances and not under the
units.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Christian McArdle wrote:
I should say that I went for the cheap option myself!

You need a lot fewer tiles, but it makes it more difficult to change the
room configuration later.

But easier to change the floor tiles without removing the kitchen should
the good lady require a change in the future I would guess.

:¬)

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Down to personal taste. I fitted ceramic floor tiles as I
quite like them, and they are fairly indestructable, e.g.
if something leaks in the kitchen (although mine are on a
solid floor -- not so sure about yours). Unfortunately,
I like small tiles, which took a lot longer to lay than
the normal size ones, but I'm very pleased with the result.

Thanks Andrew.
Time to consult with her good self about what to go for now then.

:¬)

Cheers
Pete

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)

Wiring kitchen ring query when kitchen part installed Jonathan UK diy 0 April 26th 05 05:56 PM
Damp/Mould in kitchen Colin E. UK diy 1 September 20th 04 12:11 PM
Celebrity Kitchen Design? Michelle Woodworking 9 December 8th 03 05:50 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 1 October 6th 03 02:22 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 0 October 6th 03 08:08 AM