Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" writes:
Kitchen units being delivered tomorrow, floor is currently 18mm chip on
joists on top of thin screed UFH installation.

Question is... should main (final) flooring be laid first - then units
sat on top or, should units be fitted then flooring fitted up-to and
around units?

Fit the floor first and sit the units on it (unless it's
a cheap floor which you expect to have to replace before
you replace the units).

Haven't even decide on whether the lounge-Diner/Kitchen is going to be
all engineered wood floating floor or whether floor tiles (Slate or
something) will be used in the kitchen.

Suggestions (polite) please.

Down to personal taste. I fitted ceramic floor tiles as I
quite like them, and they are fairly indestructable, e.g.
if something leaks in the kitchen (although mine are on a
solid floor -- not so sure about yours). Unfortunately,
I like small tiles, which took a lot longer to lay than
the normal size ones, but I'm very pleased with the result.

--
Andrew Gabriel