Avanti

Default Pressure Washer Foam question

I bought a pressure washer to clean the car ( I know a bucket and sponge are
more effective)
However I am trying to locate a a method of ejecting foam from the lance to
cover the car and as it disolves rinse it off.
At low pressure the unit just seems to pour out water with some suds and at
high pressure the detergent is not drawn into the pump.
Any solutions for a fix? Is it the type of detergent I am using or the
pressure washer type.
Thanks in advance.

Gel

Mine came with bottle that plugs in at end of lance; that agitates mix
and then foams out other side of dispenser bottle; perhaps on yours its
an accessory?
Look at the yellow bottle in this pic:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...her/index.html

Avanti

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine came with bottle that plugs in at end of lance; that agitates mix
and then foams out other side of dispenser bottle; perhaps on yours its
an accessory?
Look at the yellow bottle in this pic:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Pressure_Jet_W
asher/index.html

I thought that may have been the reason why as my unit has an auxillary feed
tube, however I managed to aquire a bottle that fits and the effect was
exactly the sameas using the feeder tube, all that springs to mind this
morning was that perhaps I ought to block the aux tube when using the
attachment.

Does yours create a sheet of foam?

Peter Parry

On Sat, 28 May 2005 23:01:52 GMT, "Avanti"
wrote:

Any solutions for a fix? Is it the type of detergent I am using or the
pressure washer type.

Blame it all on Daniel Bernoulli in 1738 and Giovanni Battista
Venturi (1746-1822).

The detergent is drawn into the lance by the Venturi effect, the
lance design on most if not all pressure washers means this only
works at low pressure settings. You can have foam or high pressure
but not both at the same time.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
David Lang

Hi Peter
Blame it all on Daniel Bernoulli in 1738 and Giovanni Battista
Venturi (1746-1822).

The detergent is drawn into the lance by the Venturi effect, the
lance design on most if not all pressure washers means this only
works at low pressure settings. You can have foam or high pressure
but not both at the same time.

Spot on Peter! Physics & history!

DIY pressure washers either have a pick up tube on the machine or a bottle
attached to the lance. The bottle does give more of a 'foam' effect.

But why do you want foam? The detergent you have is unlikely to remove the
road film on your car however long you leave it on. You need a traffic film
remover - check out;

http://www.chemiclean.co.uk/gt.html

http://www.jjsmith.f9.co.uk/turbo.html

I don't know either company, this is just from a Google.

Dave

Avanti

"David Lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi Peter
Blame it all on Daniel Bernoulli in 1738 and Giovanni Battista
Venturi (1746-1822).

The detergent is drawn into the lance by the Venturi effect, the
lance design on most if not all pressure washers means this only
works at low pressure settings. You can have foam or high pressure
but not both at the same time.

Spot on Peter! Physics & history!

DIY pressure washers either have a pick up tube on the machine or a bottle
attached to the lance. The bottle does give more of a 'foam' effect.

But why do you want foam? The detergent you have is unlikely to remove

the
road film on your car however long you leave it on. You need a traffic

film
remover - check out;

As the car is only 2 months old, I'm not reeady to apply TFR just yet, I was
hoping for a not having to sponge the car method , of cleaning the vehicle.
I was under the thought that if I can apply a sheet of thin foam let it
desolve I could simply rinse off and hey presto! just chamois and go......

David Lang

Hi

As the car is only 2 months old, I'm not reeady to apply TFR just yet, I
was
hoping for a not having to sponge the car method , of cleaning the
vehicle.
I was under the thought that if I can apply a sheet of thin foam let it
desolve I could simply rinse off and hey presto! just chamois and go......

Fraid not mate! Road film is oil based - unburnt fuel, exhaust gas, rubber
+ general muck - bonds nicely to paint and also develops a static bond
because the vehicle is moving when it gets dirty. Probably the toughest job
to do well with a pressure washer.

Dave

raden

In message , David Lang
writes
Hi Peter
Blame it all on Daniel Bernoulli in 1738 and Giovanni Battista
Venturi (1746-1822).

The detergent is drawn into the lance by the Venturi effect, the
lance design on most if not all pressure washers means this only
works at low pressure settings. You can have foam or high pressure
but not both at the same time.

Spot on Peter! Physics & history!

DIY pressure washers either have a pick up tube on the machine or a bottle
attached to the lance. The bottle does give more of a 'foam' effect.

But why do you want foam? The detergent you have is unlikely to remove the
road film on your car however long you leave it on. You need a traffic film
remover - check out;

http://www.chemiclean.co.uk/gt.html

http://www.jjsmith.f9.co.uk/turbo.html

I use these people

http://tankstorage.co.uk/index2.html

It's very difficult to price up TFR without knowing the concentration
and recommended dilutions

--
geoff
David Lang

Hi Geoff

It's very difficult to price up TFR without knowing the concentration and
recommended dilutions

All too true mate. As they say in the trade "how much water do you want
with it".

Dave

FAQ: New: Pressure Washer FAQ, + Call for Papers Phil Addison UK diy 10 April 26th 05 01:32 PM
Gas Pressure Question... Rob UK diy 5 April 5th 05 08:35 AM
HELP - Soap for a Pressure Washer Harry Everhart Woodworking 5 March 5th 05 04:21 AM
hot water heating system pressure question Rsrtgsprngs Home Repair 6 November 3rd 04 03:35 AM
Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Repair 9 June 28th 04 02:13 AM