Fitting a hob and extractor electrics

Default hob and extractor electrics

I am planning on fitting a new gas hob and extractor hood in my new
house, and have a few questions abou the electrical regs/requirements.

I have a cooker switch with a socket on the wall. It is near the
cooker, but a wall unit has been fitted over it, with the back missing
- so that the switch is accessible through the wall unit. Is this
legal/acceptible?

I need to wire both the extractor and hob somewhere, and there are no
immediately reachable sockets. Could I plug them both via an adaptor or
2 gang extension into the cooker point's socket?

Wherever I do plug them, I want to hide the cables. Is it acceptioble
to chase the cables into the wall, then bring them out near where they
plug in?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Oliver

From the sounds of it I wouldnt attempt this yourself get someone
professional in.
In my understanding:
1)Chasing a cable then terminating in a plug is not acceptable. The
acceptable way would be to run a spur from your ring main to power the
extractor, as for the hob there should be a exit point for behnind the over
(If you have one) where you can connect the hob to as well, as depending on
if its electric or gas, if its elec you need to be careful that it isnt
overloaded if its gas get a corgi bloke out.
"Fitting a hob and extractor electrics" wrote in
message ups.com...