Simon

Default Garage door replacement

I am in need of a replacement garage door (7'x6'6") and was after any advice
that anyone could give.

I think I want a canopy (up & over) type platic coated steel or GRP (no/low
maintenance). Does anywhere sell complete kits? I looked at Screwfix and was
unsure what different bits I actually needed in addition to the door (frame,
opening mechanism etc). B&Q don't sell garage doors when I asked.

Of course if anyone had a recommendation for a supplier and/or fitter in the
Gatwick area of West Sussex, I'd be interested in that too.

Cheers!
Simon

Alex

Hi Simon

I used to work for www.sussexgaragedoors.com and can recommend them as doing
a good job.The best plastic coated doors I feel are those maid by Cardale
Another close to you is access
SHOWROOM:CRAWLEY
Genesis House
Priestly Way
Crawley
West Sussex. RH10 9PR.
Tel: 01293 652472
Fax: 01293 652482

Wickes, B&Q list doors and frames at diy.com

Peter

Rob

"Simon" wrote in message
t...
I am in need of a replacement garage door (7'x6'6") and was after any

advice
that anyone could give.

I think I want a canopy (up & over) type platic coated steel or GRP

(no/low
maintenance). Does anywhere sell complete kits? I looked at Screwfix and

was
unsure what different bits I actually needed in addition to the door

(frame,
opening mechanism etc). B&Q don't sell garage doors when I asked.

I fitted a Clopay (they seem to be the 'standard' door in the US) sectional
door a few yrs ago which I bought from B&Q. I'm very happy with it (as
happy as you can be with a garage door). One advantage of the sectional door
is that it doesn't swing out, so you can park another car right up against
it.

Simon

"Simon" wrote in message
t...
I am in need of a replacement garage door (7'x6'6") and was after any

advice
that anyone could give.

Thanks for the replies, chaps.