DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT] (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/106813-re-what-stick-his-windscreen-wont-come-off-easily-%5Bot%5D.html)

Andy Turner May 21st 05 01:55 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:13:06 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I once reversed into a very low bollard and dented the rear bumper on our
car. It had no effect whatsoever on any of the functions of the car - to go,
stop and carry things. It didn't even have an effect on the subsequent MOT
test.

What upset me was that when I went indoors and dramatically told Spouse that
I'd crashed into something his response was to ask how much damage there was
to the car, he didn't ask if I was injured.

He very quickly realised that he'd got his priorities wrong.

Did you stop to wonder *why* his priorities were that way around -
such that (as you imply), you had to force him to adopt different
priorities than those which occur naturally to him?

Too much love for his car, or not enough love for you?

andyt

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) May 21st 05 01:55 PM

In article , Richard Colton
wrote:

or what they want for their tea.

What they WANT? How about them eating what they are provided with?

Andy Turner May 21st 05 01:57 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:05:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to sell
it, which is obviously totally unimportant. You won't mind if I rifle
through your wallet then?

sigh

A car is for going, stopping and carrying. That's all.

That's what it is *to you* - don't expect everyone else to have the
same attitude to cars as you.

You can keep it until it dies then get another. You don't HAVE to sell it.

Why shouldn't they? People enjoy newer cars, people enjoy having the
newer advances in technology. Why wait until the car dies (which could
be 10 years+), before buying a different car?

Someone once claimed that I'd scraped his bumper (!) in a car park and that
it would reduce the re-sale value.

Which, depending on the damage and the condition of the rest of the
car, it would.

I said that if he was as hard up as that I'd pay him for the repair
and gave him a cheque there and then.

I hope he took you up on the offer. It's not a case of how hard up a
person is, it's about you damaging their property which costs them to
have it fixed.

I have no respect for that attitude.

Or other people's property it would seem. No doubt there will be
something that you covet, perhaps your house or contents within that
you would be upset if someone needlessly damaged due to carelessness.
If someone accidentally stubbed a cigarette on out on the arm of your
sofa - hey it's only a sofa eh - just get a new one...

andyt

Andy Turner May 21st 05 01:59 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:18:10 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Steve Walker says...
In message , Conor
writes
In article om, Dave
Liquorice says...
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

And if it dents that easily then it ain't a good one anyway.

Clearly good cars don't exist then. Show me one you can't damage by
opening a door into it forcefully enough.

There's a world of difference between grabbing a door with both hands
and slamming it against the next car with as much force as possible and
the contact force it'd get when the door was opened by a child.

If the edge of a door hits the centre of a panel of another door it's
very much a weak spot in a door - it's easily dented.

andyt

Andy Turner May 21st 05 02:03 PM

On 21 May 2005 09:43:18 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

If not their child, what relationship *are* you to your parents?

Son, daughter?

and non-gender-specifically...?

If the supermarkets don't say what they mean on the signs, how are we
to know what they mean?

A "child" is a person under 18.

That's one definition of the word, but not the only one.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=child
You might like to check up on definition 4.

Perhaps the supermarkets should clarify?

It means child as in a youngster. Y'see it clearly doesn't have to be
your own child. A person might have their niece, nephew or grandchild
with them.

andyt

Andy Turner May 21st 05 02:05 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 01:28:47 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 00:36:42 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
And who went out to work to pay for the food? No late night or
internet shopping then, so I guess your family must have scrounged of
the state.

Shopping was done by my Mother on a Saturday afternoon while Father
cared for me he didn't go running off to the pub every time he got the
chance or the football ground .
In the sixties as a young child I was taken shopping by my Mum as Dad
was out working. The same applies today.

So your Father worked 7 days a week year in year out did he ? .

Back then supermarkets didn't open for the hours quite like they do
these days. A 9-5 job that included working Saturdays could have
easily ruled you out of getting to a supermarket.

andyt

Conor May 21st 05 02:06 PM

In article , The Natural
Philosopher says...

So are kids, so if I dent a kids head with my car door it doesn't matter
right?

Welcome to the problem with society. Is there actually a brain in your
head capable of thinking for itself?

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Conor May 21st 05 02:07 PM

In article , Mary
Fisher says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Mary
Fisher says...

How about if I shred a Rembrant, or take a chisel to the odd statue or
two?

It's been done.

And TBH, the only people who gave a **** were the art luvvies anyway.

You know that for a fact or is it your opinion?

Did you see crowds of people wailing and gnashing their teeth? No. At
best it'd get a 5 minute slot on the news and be forgotten about by
most people before the following breakfast time.

Conor May 21st 05 02:09 PM

In article , Mary
Fisher says...

But his priorities were right.

I'm grateful that it was something that I took onboard too.

Hamish Walker May 21st 05 02:09 PM

"AstraVanMan" wrote in message
I meant that the milkman, UPS man, Fireman Sam, Miss Spinster's

dry-cleaning
and Dr Pox will drive up to the barrier and not be able to get in, simply
because it's there and closed.

Now the milkman could have his own code to get in, like the residents.
Probably the firemen could as well, or their own special over-ride key

(I'm
sure there are arrangements for this). But that's no good for the other,
occasional yet legitimate visitors.

So we would have to wire up an entryphone system at huge expense so Miss
Spinster could let the dry-cleaning van in remotely. But Miss Spinster
doesn't have a car herself, so how much should she contribute to the
installation and maintenance of this whole automatic gate thing? She
isn'y
even remotely inconvenienced by non-residents parking in the car park,
but
she is now inconvenienced because she has to be in every time her
dry-cleaning is delivered.

I think my idea of a barrier that opens when any vehicle approaches it is
good idea. It would be combined with a CCTV system, and activate the CCTV
system to record the movements of each and every vehicle that enters the
premises, for the sole purpose of ascertaining whether or not they are
actually entering the block of flats or using it to park all day whilst at
work. I can't imagine this costing much more than £3-4k tops, but that's
vague guess!

--
Peter
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=

Sorry Peter I meant to reply to that!

To be honest, the barrier would be pointless; we might as well just have the
cameras and vcrs. There are vcrs which can record just a few frames an hour
until triggered into real-time record mode by, for example a sensor, or a
camera-frame-based movement detector, etc.

However, most of the people who live here are too busy to want to come home
and start checking through videotapes. It just wouldn't work, at least not
beyond a couple of weeks. And all you've got at the end of it is an
historical image of a car that maybe shouldn't have been there. It isn't
there now, of course, and it might never come back.

Conor May 21st 05 02:10 PM

In article , Stuffed says...

Oh, I'm not advocating harming a human for damaging my things by any
stretch! I'd just like people to show the same respect for my items as I do
for theirs, and if they cause damage, willful or not, I would like them to
at least make a gesture towards helping with repairs.

Ah. Looks like we're in 100% agreement then.

Conor May 21st 05 02:11 PM

In article , Hamish
Walker says...

So we would have to wire up an entryphone system at huge expense so Miss
Spinster could let the dry-cleaning van in remotely. But Miss Spinster
doesn't have a car herself, so how much should she contribute to the
installation and maintenance of this whole automatic gate thing? She isn'y
even remotely inconvenienced by non-residents parking in the car park, but
she is now inconvenienced because she has to be in every time her
dry-cleaning is delivered.

Or go down the very anti-community spirited "Gated Community" path.

Conor May 21st 05 02:11 PM

In article , Andy Luckman
(AJL Electronics) says...
In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:

FFS it's only a car.

Which costs many thousands of pounds.

And?

Conor May 21st 05 02:13 PM

In article , Andy Turner
says...

If the edge of a door hits the centre of a panel of another door it's
very much a weak spot in a door - it's easily dented.

Guess you've never had a decent car then? Decent as in "build quality".

Mary Fisher May 21st 05 02:13 PM

"Owain" wrote in message

I wonder if the poster

That would be me :-)

Thanks!

will still demand a Dotty Pensioner-free Day when the poster is a Dotty
Pensioner.

Probably. I didn't like other children when I was a child,

I still don't :-( I didn't like our own children much, I don't like our
grandchildren much, I'm not too keen on many people. But we have to live
with them so we might as well make the best of things. Everyone has
SOMETHING good to give to society.

I tell myself.

so why should I like other Dotty Pensioners if I ever become one myself -
which I have no intention of doing.

Nor have I - but it's a matter of others' perception, apparently :-)

Mary

Owain

joe parkin May 21st 05 02:16 PM

In article ,
says...
Andrew I go to our local Sainsburys most days of the week because it
is only a 1 mile drive there and back and to all intents and purposes
it is our corner shop

Why do you not walk? Its only a mile. POLLUTER.

He's disabled, spose he could crawl?

--

joeparkinchineseatbtinternetdotcom

Andy Turner May 21st 05 02:19 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:29:48 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
wrote:

In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:

The special parking bays aren't necessarily closer to the shop than others

Thay are the same distance at mamy of our supermarkets. Grossly unfair on
the genuinely needy.

It's interesting how a few yards closer to the front door seems to
make loads of difference, compared to the distance covered walking
around the average supermarket!

The local newspaper has been full of complaints that Boots the Chemist has
decided to close their "baby changing room".

What could you change them for? An iPod would be good.

andyt

AstraVanMan May 21st 05 02:20 PM

To be honest, the barrier would be pointless; we might as well just have
the
cameras and vcrs. There are vcrs which can record just a few frames an

hour
until triggered into real-time record mode by, for example a sensor, or a
camera-frame-based movement detector, etc.

Ah, fair enough, that'll do then

However, most of the people who live here are too busy to want to come

home
and start checking through videotapes. It just wouldn't work, at least not
beyond a couple of weeks. And all you've got at the end of it is an
historical image of a car that maybe shouldn't have been there. It isn't
there now, of course, and it might never come back.

Maybe so, but if you were to put strict (and highly visible) warning signs
up on entering the property that it was monitored by CCTV and anyone using
the car park other than for access to the flats would be liable to
prosecution, then that could have an effect. Possibly. I freely admit to
knowing bugger all about the legal side of things there, but surely if
parking enforcement companies can get away with putting tiny little signs on
lamp-posts (near Reading Station is a well publicised case) and then issuing
tickets by post to people that have even done so much as stop to actually
read the notice (far too small to clearly read from inside the car), and the
congestion charging people can do the same thing, then surely it's possible.

I suppose the other option would be to employ a private clamping company
(properly registered/accredited), and make sure each resident is given
plenty of spare car park passes for their visitors to display. By plenty I
mean around 10 - whilst this sounds extreme it would account for virtually
all possibilities, such as someone having a party and having several friends
staying over. Basically, enough to mean that genuine visitors would not be
inconvenienced (by the clamping company kicking up a fuss that they clamped
them as they weren't displaying a permit, which is what they're paid to do),
but unwanted visitors are deterred from parking there. Bingo, problem
solved.

--
Peter
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=

Richard Colton May 21st 05 02:22 PM

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Richard
Colton
wrote:

or what they want for their tea.

What they WANT? How about them eating what they are provided with?

Now there's a wonderful idea (not). How would you like it if that happened
with you at every single meal?

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Andy Turner May 21st 05 02:22 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 14:13:13 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Andy Turner
says...

If the edge of a door hits the centre of a panel of another door it's
very much a weak spot in a door - it's easily dented.

Guess you've never had a decent car then? Decent as in "build quality".

Name me a car make or even model where you wouldn't expect that to
happen. One of these "decent" cars you allude to.

andyt

AstraVanMan May 21st 05 02:23 PM

The local newspaper has been full of complaints that Boots the Chemist
has
decided to close their "baby changing room".

What could you change them for? An iPod would be good.

Vicky Pollard swapped hers for a Westlife CD.

--
Peter
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=

Mary Fisher May 21st 05 02:24 PM

wrote:

or what they want for their tea.

What they WANT? How about them eating what they are provided with?

From my observation most of them won't. They've always been given the power
over their very well meaning parents of saying "No", when asked, "Do you
want ... ? " instead of "Here you are".

It's a bee in my bonnet too. These kids have never been hungry. Our children
never said they didn't like something (which many of today's children do
before they've even tried it - and I include our grandchildren). They were
hungry because they were active; they weren't given between meal snacks and
sweets (which were treats, not routine) and they weren't exposed to
television and magazine advertising.

But the meals they were served were very good. During the War the food we
got was sparse, boring and much of it never seen now and yet we ate it -
because we were hungry.

We have a daughter in law who is an excellent cook and makes super meals.
She makes separate meals for her chidren though, almost always the same
processed dishes, thus increasing her own work. Will those children ever
develop palates which appreciate just how good a cook she is?

Mary

Andy Turner May 21st 05 02:26 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:51:12 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
wrote:

In article ,
Vauxhall Victot wrote:

Try using Golden Syrup or molasses

Try this: http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

Still practising intolerance I see Andy. After all these years as
well...

andyt

Dave Liquorice May 21st 05 02:26 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:33:13 +0100, Conor wrote:

FFS it's only a car.

If you lost the gem out of your beloved dearly departed great
grandmother's wedding ring, would you say it's only a ring? How
about that clock your father left you on his deathbed, does it
matter if I crack the glass on the face?

THey're things. They're only things. It doesn't matter.

Quite, there are far more important things in life than things. Life
for instance. I guess these people have been sheltered all their
pathetic little lives and have never been in true fear of their own or
come come close to being killed. Both of those I have experienced.
Property is not important, it's nice have, can make life more
comfortable or convient but you don't *need* it.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Mary Fisher May 21st 05 02:28 PM

"AstraVanMan" wrote in message
It's someone else's property. If it gets damaged by someone other than
the
owner, then it's up to that person to put it back to how it was.

Does that apply to the damage your exhaust emissions do to the atmosphere
and other people's health?

Yes, it does. The vast amounts of money raised in taxes on motorists
(mainly from fuel duty) partly go towards paying for the NHS.

The damage is still done, you're (i.e. we're) obviously not paying enough.

Raise fuel duty!

Mary

--
Peter
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=

Andy Turner May 21st 05 02:28 PM

wrote:

or what they want for their tea.

What they WANT? How about them eating what they are provided with?

Now there's a wonderful idea (not). How would you like it if that happened
with you at every single meal?

It doesn't have to be every single meal, but face it - if kids got to
choose what they ate for each meal, they'd all be on chips, burgers,
pizza etc.. and obese and/or hyper by the time they hit 10yrs.

andyt

Hamish Walker May 21st 05 02:29 PM

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Hamish
Walker says...

So we would have to wire up an entryphone system at huge expense so Miss
Spinster could let the dry-cleaning van in remotely. But Miss Spinster
doesn't have a car herself, so how much should she contribute to the
installation and maintenance of this whole automatic gate thing? She
isn'y
even remotely inconvenienced by non-residents parking in the car park,
but
she is now inconvenienced because she has to be in every time her
dry-cleaning is delivered.

Or go down the very anti-community spirited "Gated Community" path.

Our little community of 15 flats and houses was built around 1965; then
having an open access from the main road wasn't considered a problem, mainly
because 40 years ago people respected others and their property. And of
course, there were fewer cars on the road, and on-street parking was
(generally) free.

If the 'gated community' is built as such from the word go, and people
choose to buy there, then everyone understands the arrangement. (Whether or
not you as an outsider to that agree or not isn't relevant to the residents
there.)

It's when you try and retro-fit that approach that the problems start. Do
all 15 households want a 'gated community'? Of those that do, how much are
they prepared to pay for it?

And underlying all of that is the knawing feeling "it's not fair - why
should I have to pay extra and inconvenience _myself_ to physically protect
my privacy?"

In our case, it isn't just trying to stop the freeloaders parking here.
We've had burglaries in the flats, and break-ins in the garages, and
although a vehicle barrier won't necessarily stop those, it will make it
more difficult for some thieves, and deter others.

AstraVanMan May 21st 05 02:30 PM

Does that apply to the damage your exhaust emissions do to the
atmosphere
and other people's health?

Yes, it does. The vast amounts of money raised in taxes on motorists
(mainly from fuel duty) partly go towards paying for the NHS.

The damage is still done, you're (i.e. we're) obviously not paying enough.

Raise fuel duty!

*plonk*

--
Peter
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=

Conor May 21st 05 02:31 PM

In article , Hamish
Walker says...

To be honest, the barrier would be pointless; we might as well just have the
cameras and vcrs. There are vcrs which can record just a few frames an hour
until triggered into real-time record mode by, for example a sensor, or a
camera-frame-based movement detector, etc.

http://property.scotsman.com/news.cfm?id=392132005

You could even do like they're starting to do in the US and exclude
anyone under 55.

Conor May 21st 05 02:32 PM

In article , joe parkin
says...
In article ,
says...
Andrew I go to our local Sainsburys most days of the week because it
is only a 1 mile drive there and back and to all intents and purposes
it is our corner shop

Why do you not walk? Its only a mile. POLLUTER.

He's disabled, spose he could crawl?

I'm disabled. I still manage to drive a 44 tonne artic around a few
days a week.

Mary Fisher May 21st 05 02:33 PM

wrote:

[...]

LOL! And making someone else have something not good enough for you?

Someone once claimed that I'd scraped his bumper (!) in a car park and
that
it would reduce the re-sale value.

Which, depending on the damage and the condition of the rest of the
car, it would.

I said that if he was as hard up as that I'd pay him for the repair
and gave him a cheque there and then.

I hope he took you up on the offer.

I didn't wait for him to take up the offer.

It's not a case of how hard up a
person is, it's about you damaging their property which costs them to
have it fixed.

But I doubt that he had the 'damage' fixed.

I have no respect for that attitude.

Or other people's property it would seem. No doubt there will be
something that you covet, perhaps your house or contents within that
you would be upset if someone needlessly damaged due to carelessness.
If someone accidentally stubbed a cigarette on out on the arm of your
sofa - hey it's only a sofa eh - just get a new one...

We don't have a sofa ... :-)

But if it did, it wouldn't prevent the sofa from keeping your bum off the
floor, which is its function.

And if we did have cosmetic damage to anything which we were precious about
we'd repair it ourselves. I can't think of the last time that happened.
We're not replacing anything, we're trying to get rid of unecessary stuff.
With age comes wisdom.

Mary
replying on uk.d-i-y

Mary

andyt

Dave Liquorice May 21st 05 02:33 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:53:32 GMT, AstraVanMan wrote:

Either way, the point is if a person causes damage to someone else's
property that didn't have that damage before, then they should pay
for the repair. If the person then decides to pocket the cash and
live with the dent/scratch/scrape, then that's entirely up to them.

No, that is fraud, or extortion if they had threatened the payer in
anyway.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Mary Fisher May 21st 05 02:33 PM

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Mary
Fisher says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Mary
Fisher says...

How about if I shred a Rembrant, or take a chisel to the odd statue
or
two?

It's been done.

And TBH, the only people who gave a **** were the art luvvies anyway.

You know that for a fact or is it your opinion?

Did you see crowds of people wailing and gnashing their teeth?

I wasn't there. It wasn't me,guv!

No. At
best it'd get a 5 minute slot on the news and be forgotten about by
most people before the following breakfast time.

Yes, footie is far more impotant.

Mary

Conor May 21st 05 02:39 PM

In article , Andy Turner
says...
On Sat, 21 May 2005 14:13:13 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Andy Turner
says...

If the edge of a door hits the centre of a panel of another door it's
very much a weak spot in a door - it's easily dented.

Guess you've never had a decent car then? Decent as in "build quality".

Name me a car make or even model where you wouldn't expect that to
happen. One of these "decent" cars you allude to.

BMW E34 - took someone taking a running drop kick to put a dint in my
wifes..
Rover SD1.
Rover P6.

Volvo...any model.
Saab..any 900 series.
Most cars with side impact bars.

joe parkin May 21st 05 02:40 PM

In article ,
says...
What? He gets amusement from inconveniencing others for no reason at
all?

The sign says "Parent and Child", he's with his parent. Where's the
problem?

Exactly the sign says parent and child not parent and young child .

A sign that says blue badge holder, would mean I could park there
because I hold my daughters, blue lapel badge?
I do not think you woulod be happy with statements like, cripples
should be left at home while someone else does their shopping in most
cases, well would you? But it is ok for you to tell someone what they
can and can't do?

--

joeparkinchineseatbtinternetdotcom

Dave Liquorice May 21st 05 02:41 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:06:45 GMT, AstraVanMan wrote:

Anyone part-exchanging a car for a guaranteed =A31000 is getting
monumentally ripped off in the price of the car they're buying.

I was buying new so yes that =A31000 would have fallen off the value the=

moment I put the key in the lock and opened the door. But that applies
to all new cars, some drop *a lot* more a grand at that point.

The price of what I was buying was reasonable, I could probably have
haggled another few hundred quid off it but I very much doubt a =A31000.=

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

joe parkin May 21st 05 02:41 PM

In article . 170,
says...
Perhaps people should stop confirming their stupidity and exercise
common sense.

Wooo... That's asking one *HELL* of a lot of the average supermarket user..

Where do all the clever people shop?

--

joeparkinchineseatbtinternetdotcom

Stuffed May 21st 05 02:54 PM

"AstraVanMan" wrote in message
Does that apply to the damage your exhaust emissions do to the

atmosphere
and other people's health?

Yes, it does. The vast amounts of money raised in taxes on motorists
(mainly from fuel duty) partly go towards paying for the NHS.

The damage is still done, you're (i.e. we're) obviously not paying

enough.

Raise fuel duty!

*plonk*

You're not really entering into the spirit of this, are you? ;)

Mary's either on a different spiritual plane, incredibly narrow minded, or
deliberately trying to get a reaction (that's my option, going by her tale
of trying to get a reaction from her husband when she quite clearly appeared
fit and healthy after a little bump parking), but whatever the case, it's
been quite fun :)

Although I'll be bowing out soon, before it gets too stale and pointless.

joe parkin May 21st 05 02:56 PM

In article ,
says...
In article , says...

So do I when they have to depend on handouts from the rest of the
countries tax payers to keep the little *******s them that make them
should have the necessary income to feed and clothe them

I thought you lived on state handouts?

Pulls up chair and munches popcorn.
Beat me to it.

--

joeparkinchineseatbtinternetdotcom

AstraVanMan May 21st 05 03:02 PM

Does that apply to the damage your exhaust emissions do to the
atmosphere
and other people's health?

Yes, it does. The vast amounts of money raised in taxes on

motorists
(mainly from fuel duty) partly go towards paying for the NHS.

The damage is still done, you're (i.e. we're) obviously not paying

enough.

Raise fuel duty!

*plonk*

You're not really entering into the spirit of this, are you? ;)

Evidently not! I could have responded with a reasoned argument, but to be
quite honest I'm bored with this thread now, and have got better things to
do. Well, I'm bored with this thread anyway.

Mary's either on a different spiritual plane, incredibly narrow minded, or
deliberately trying to get a reaction (that's my option, going by her tale
of trying to get a reaction from her husband when she quite clearly

appeared
fit and healthy after a little bump parking), but whatever the case, it's
been quite fun :)

Although I'll be bowing out soon, before it gets too stale and pointless.

Hehe, me too.

--
Peter