dg

Default Cordless circular saws

I am after a cordless circular saw for some general cutting where a
lead is impractical.

I am aware that battery life wil be limited, but in considering some
18v models is there any reason why a cheap one from say B&Q will have
significantly less run time than a Dewalt or Bosch Pro model?

Any recommendations on which models at the low to mid range price
perform better?

dg

AlexW

dg wrote:

I am aware that battery life wil be limited, but in considering some
18v models is there any reason why a cheap one from say B&Q will have
significantly less run time than a Dewalt or Bosch Pro model?

Crap bats & chargers...

For cordless stuff the quality of the battery is important even at the
same ampere-hour rating, as this rating might not last for ever...

I had an B&Q PPro drill driver, the bats lasted about 4 months before
they were semi-hopless (would not even hold charge overnight). My
friends dewalt (albeit over twice the cost) faired much better over a
year or two under pro usage conditions.

I suspect the quality of the charger (overcharge protection,
conditioning etc) has a big effect here too.

HTH,

Alex.
Rick

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:44:04 +0100, AlexW
wrote:

dg wrote:

I am aware that battery life wil be limited, but in considering some
18v models is there any reason why a cheap one from say B&Q will have
significantly less run time than a Dewalt or Bosch Pro model?

Crap bats & chargers...

For cordless stuff the quality of the battery is important even at the
same ampere-hour rating, as this rating might not last for ever...

I had an B&Q PPro drill driver, the bats lasted about 4 months before
they were semi-hopless (would not even hold charge overnight). My
friends dewalt (albeit over twice the cost) faired much better over a
year or two under pro usage conditions.

I suspect the quality of the charger (overcharge protection,
conditioning etc) has a big effect here too.

HTH,

Alex.

I got the PPro drill/driver, took it back after first usage, it was
just useless.

Rick

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
AlexW wrote:
I had an B&Q PPro drill driver, the bats lasted about 4 months before
they were semi-hopless (would not even hold charge overnight). My
friends dewalt (albeit over twice the cost) faired much better over a
year or two under pro usage conditions.

I suspect the quality of the charger (overcharge protection,
conditioning etc) has a big effect here too.

Yes. Poor quality cells and a poor charger. You gets what you pay for.

--
*I used up all my sick days so I called in dead

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
EC

I had the PPro circular saw. Went back after a couple of uses. Bought
another battery as I thought I had a duffer but no. Cut about 2 foot
along 22mm floorboards before grinding to a halt. Felt really
underpowered.

Went back and swapped it for a mains powered one!

Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw.......... Ray White Woodworking 9 January 18th 18 04:20 PM
cordless circular saw IMM UK diy 0 January 22nd 05 01:57 PM
Milwaukee 6390-21 vs. 6391-21 Circular Saws [email protected] Woodworking 8 January 3rd 05 08:11 PM
Cordless Saws - Bosch/Dewalt/Others? Mike Woodworking 4 September 11th 04 03:54 AM
Battery circular saws PoP UK diy 23 February 19th 04 10:03 PM