Default Milwaukee 6390-21 vs. 6391-21 Circular Saws

Went out to get myself a new circular saw for my Christmas gift today.
Consumer Reports listed the Milwaukee 6390-21 as their top pick, but
all I could find at my local Home Depot was the 6391-21. Anyone know
if there are any significant differences between the 6390 and the 6391?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

AL

One has the blade on the right, the other has the blade on the left. I
forget which is which. Personally, I would avoid any saw that doesn't have
an electric brake.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Went out to get myself a new circular saw for my Christmas gift today.
Consumer Reports listed the Milwaukee 6390-21 as their top pick, but
all I could find at my local Home Depot was the 6391-21. Anyone know
if there are any significant differences between the 6390 and the 6391?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

Hey Al, is a saw with the blade on the right for right-handed folks,
left side for south paws?

How do you know whether the saw has an electric brake? Is it something
they'll promote on the outside of the box?

-Fleemo

AL

Hey Al, is a saw with the blade on the right for right-handed folks,
left side for south paws?

Personal preference.

How do you know whether the saw has an electric brake? Is it something
they'll promote on the outside of the box?

Yes. You can also check Milwaukee's web page.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com

Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Al, is a saw with the blade on the right for right-handed folks,
left side for south paws?

How do you know whether the saw has an electric brake? Is it something
they'll promote on the outside of the box?

Yes. A right handed saw is for a right handed person. If you can see the
blade when you are sawing, you are likely to get a lot of saw dust in your
face.

Hey Al, I took your advice and ordered the Milwaukee 6394-21 instead of
the 6390-21. They appear to be the same saw with the addition of the
electric brake.
And thanks for your input, Leon.

Happy new year!

-Fleemo

TeamCasa

Although a big fan of Milwaukee tools, I prefer the Skilsaw Mag 77. I've
used both many times and the Skil (or the Bosch equivalent) is hands down a
better saw for general construction projects.

It's seems that the East coast framers use sidewinders and the West coast
guys prefer the wormdrive. I don't know why by I'll stick with the worm.

Dave

wrote in message
oups.com...
Went out to get myself a new circular saw for my Christmas gift today.
Consumer Reports listed the Milwaukee 6390-21 as their top pick, but
all I could find at my local Home Depot was the 6391-21. Anyone know
if there are any significant differences between the 6390 and the 6391?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

AL

But for woodworking, I'm not sure a wormdrive saw is the best choice. The
slower blade speed seems to produce a rougher edge. At least that's been my
experience.

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
Although a big fan of Milwaukee tools, I prefer the Skilsaw Mag 77. I've
used both many times and the Skil (or the Bosch equivalent) is hands down

better saw for general construction projects.

It's seems that the East coast framers use sidewinders and the West coast
guys prefer the wormdrive. I don't know why by I'll stick with the worm.

Dave

oups.com...