Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Carolyn

Default Damp found by Surveyor

I had a surveyor round the house as part of my Remortgage process. He used his sensor on
all the downstairs internal walls and said that it showed him damp readings in the front
lounge, dining room, and on the hallway walls. I`m on an end terrace, so the hallway is
exposed, ie not joined to another house.. The lounge wall divides the lounge at the front
of the house from the dining room in the centre of the house, with an access door between
the two rooms. (Just for useless info, really) .

What I want to know is; how foolproof are these readings? His gizmo was of the type that
had a series of lights climbing up from green, then amber, to red, in a black box affair,
with two metal prongs he put against the walls.
Also, what sort of cost am I looking at to get this addressed? I know that it will
probably mean all the plaster knocking off to about 2 feet up from the skirting level,
then replacing once its dried out, and finally repainting it all .The rooms aren`t
huge, approx 3.5m x 3.3m and 3.7 x 3.1m.

TIA

--
Carolyn

Damp Chimney Breast Sebastien UK diy 1 August 28th 04 01:16 AM
Damp not highlighted in surveyors report Andrew King UK diy 23 August 17th 04 10:27 PM
Damp or condensation - and how to treat Lamb UK diy 2 February 12th 04 08:43 PM
More damp testing woes Kooky45 UK diy 22 October 21st 03 11:33 AM
Rising damp on party wall in semi-det Victorian house Richard UK diy 4 October 6th 03 02:09 PM