Big Craigie

Default Rubber sealing from cooker overn door

Just got a second hand cooker from a friend. When the oven was on and I
opened the door the rubber gasket seal thingy had dropped down. Is there a
special heat resistant glue I can get to glue it back into place.

Best wishes

Big Craigie

Bob Minchin

Big Craigie wrote in message ...
Just got a second hand cooker from a friend. When the oven was on and I
opened the door the rubber gasket seal thingy had dropped down. Is there a
special heat resistant glue I can get to glue it back into place.

Best wishes

Big Craigie

A high temperature silicone will do the trick but you must get the surfaces
perfectly grease free to start with.

An example is part no 423-6938 from http://rswww.com
CPC possibly carry something similar

Bob

Tony Williams

In article ,
Big Craigie wrote:
Just got a second hand cooker from a friend. When the oven was on
and I opened the door the rubber gasket seal thingy had dropped
down. Is there a special heat resistant glue I can get to glue it
back into place.

Check first to see if your oven has little holes near
the corners of the surround. CPC sell a universal oven
gasket kit, which is based on little hooky things to
hold the gasket at the 4 corners, no high temperature
sealant required.

--
Tony Williams.
neil

"Big Craigie" wrote in message
Just got a second hand cooker from a friend. When the oven was on and I
opened the door the rubber gasket seal thingy had dropped down. Is there a
special heat resistant glue I can get to glue it back into place.
Best wishes
Big Craigie

Had a similar thing on a (old) Creda Concept - the door seal had streched
over the years,
but looked as if it had come unstuck or lost rubber-bung-thingies.
A new replacement from the spares shop was definitely shorter, but fitted
beautifully.
Now working fine.
hth
Neil

Chris Bacon

Bob Minchin wrote:
Big Craigie wrote in message ...
Just got a second hand cooker from a friend. When the oven was on and I
opened the door the rubber gasket seal thingy had dropped down. Is there a
special heat resistant glue I can get to glue it back into place.

A high temperature silicone will do the trick but you must get the surfaces
perfectly grease free to start with.

An example is part no 423-6938 from http://rswww.com
CPC possibly carry something similar

The trouble is, it's bright red. Any genuine silicone sealant should
be OK at normal oven temperatures.