greg leece

Default Drone from water pipes

I replaced the outside tap the other day and since then I get an "drone"
noise occuring intermitently when I turn the taps on. It seems to be coming
from the pipework under the sink - when I hold the mixer head at the kitchen
sink I can feel a vibration and the noise decreases. It only does it for
about 5-10 seconds and then goes away again.

Anybody got a clue about what it could be?

Thanks!

BigWallop

"greg leece" wrote in message
I replaced the outside tap the other day and since then I get an "drone"
noise occuring intermitently when I turn the taps on. It seems to be

coming
from the pipework under the sink - when I hold the mixer head at the

kitchen
sink I can feel a vibration and the noise decreases. It only does it for
about 5-10 seconds and then goes away again.

Anybody got a clue about what it could be?

Thanks!

When you isolated the pipework you worked on, you turned the taps fully off,
tight. When you turn them on again, it could be a piece of something is
lodged in the pipes, or at the isolator tap, and the pressure is making it
rattle.

Did you remove any pipe clips? Did you change the route of the pipework?
Did you make sure any sealant tape was properly wrapped around the threads
of any joints you made?

Complete new CH or just new boiler ChrisJ UK diy 4 September 15th 04 09:05 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM