Jimbob

Default Pressure washers - the US <-> UK inequality

Another example of rip-off britain...

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...in/pg_diy.jsp?
CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5234
&pos=n20

Under 250 quid for a Honda 2600PSI / 180 bar washer? We cant even buy that
kinda spec over here outside of the "professional" market (grand plus).
I've used that one and its an awsome machine. I'd have no objection to
spending 300 quid on a HQ machine if I could find one.

About the closest thing over here is a Gen-U-ine Hundah off of ebay.

I've looked into shipping one but it costs more than the machine :-(

gj England.

Jeff

"Jimbob" wrote in message
Another example of rip-off britain...

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...in/pg_diy.jsp?
CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5234
&pos=n20

Under 250 quid for a Honda 2600PSI / 180 bar washer? We cant even buy

that
kinda spec over here outside of the "professional" market (grand plus).
I've used that one and its an awsome machine. I'd have no objection to
spending 300 quid on a HQ machine if I could find one.

About the closest thing over here is a Gen-U-ine Hundah off of ebay.

I've looked into shipping one but it costs more than the machine :-(

gj England.

As you should be well aware we are living in the 51st state of the usa and
as such if its $50 we pay £50

Regards Jeff

Darren

On Tue, 03 May 2005 08:17:48 -0500, Jimbob
wrote:

Another example of rip-off britain...

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...in/pg_diy.jsp?
CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5234
&pos=n20

Under 250 quid for a Honda 2600PSI / 180 bar washer? We cant even buy that
kinda spec over here outside of the "professional" market (grand plus).
I've used that one and its an awsome machine. I'd have no objection to
spending 300 quid on a HQ machine if I could find one.

About the closest thing over here is a Gen-U-ine Hundah off of ebay.

I've looked into shipping one but it costs more than the machine :-(

gj England.

I had the advantage to actually go in one of the trade warehouses in
the states. Jesus christ!!! Talk about wanting to be indepedant.
Generators etc.....tools ...wow!!!

David Lang

Hi Jimbob

Under 250 quid for a Honda 2600PSI / 180 bar washer? We cant even buy

that
kinda spec over here outside of the "professional" market (grand plus).
I've used that one and its an awsome machine. I'd have no objection to
spending 300 quid on a HQ machine if I could find one.

Petrol (or Gasoline) pressure washers dominate the USA market, mainly
because of their crappy 115v power system. Lucky to run a 1:4kw induction
motor on that supply. We can comfortably run 2:9kw over here.

To be fair, most washers over there use the Honda GC series engine & most
here use the GX series, but that still don't explain the difference.

The engines alone cost more over here.

Without doubt a price fixing ring going on.

Dave