Tim Morley

Default kitchen socket heights?

What height should kitchen sockets be above a worktop?

Get a free IPod Mini
http://www.freeipoduk.co.uk/index.php?REFID=78563

Get paid for consumer surveys with SAROS
http://www.sarosresearch.com/sarosfo...s.asp?id=51011

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Tim Morley tim.morley*REMOVE wrote:
What height should kitchen sockets be above a worktop?

Anything you want that allows the flex to exit and do a right angle
without strain, since there's no chance of tripping over it. Something
like four inches or so? Personally, I'd make them in the middle of a tile
run for looks - although cutting a 'U' out of a tile is best done with an
electric cutter.

--
*Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE writes:
What height should kitchen sockets be above a worktop?

They are normally installed 105cm above the finished floor surface
(to the bottom of the socket). Mine are actually 108cm (I wasn't
sure how thick the floor surface would be when I installed the
sockets), which makes them 18cm above the worktops (again to the
bottom of the socket). That seems OK in practice. Could go a bit
lower without any problems.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Tim Morley

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE writes:
What height should kitchen sockets be above a worktop?

They are normally installed 105cm above the finished floor surface
(to the bottom of the socket). Mine are actually 108cm (I wasn't
sure how thick the floor surface would be when I installed the
sockets), which makes them 18cm above the worktops (again to the
bottom of the socket). That seems OK in practice. Could go a bit
lower without any problems.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew and Dave