Colin Brook

Default electriclightcompany.co.uk - Problems?

Hello,
I recently ordered a light fitting from electriclightcompany.co.uk and,
although I received an order acknowledgement e-mail, I have heard
nothing more. I have e-mailed them and left phone messages on their
order line querying the state of the order and still have had no

I could find no negative comments on this group before ordering. Can
anyone confirm that they exist or that there might be problems?

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703
Andy Wade

Colin Brook wrote:

Hello,
I recently ordered a light fitting from electriclightcompany.co.uk [...]

Can anyone confirm that they exist or that there might be problems?

Well, a whois lookup at http://www.nominet.org.uk/ reports:

Domain Name:
electriclightcompany.co.auk

Registrant:
Mr Christopher Tibble

Registrant's Address:
14 Abbott Way
Yaxley
Peterborough
PE7 3YF
GB

Registrant's Agent:
Schlund + Partner AG [Tag = SCHLUND]

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 01-Jun-2000
Renewal Date: 01-Jun-2006
Last updated: 06-Jan-2005

Registration Status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers listed in order:
ns9.schlund.de 195.20.224.165
ns10.schlund.de 212.227.123.9
--
Andy
Hywel Jenkins

In article ,
says...
Colin Brook wrote:

Hello,
I recently ordered a light fitting from electriclightcompany.co.uk [...]

Can anyone confirm that they exist or that there might be problems?

Well, a whois lookup at
http://www.nominet.org.uk/ reports.

.... nothing useful. The registrant could be someone not linked to the
company at all, and it's entirely feasible for a company to go between
renewal dates. It has been perhaps a year since the domain was renewed.

--
Hywel
Rob Morley

In article , "Hywel
Jenkins" says...
In article ,
says...
Colin Brook wrote:

Hello,
I recently ordered a light fitting from electriclightcompany.co.uk [...]

Can anyone confirm that they exist or that there might be problems?

Well, a whois lookup at
http://www.nominet.org.uk/ reports.

... nothing useful. The registrant could be someone not linked to the
company at all, and it's entirely feasible for a company to go between
renewal dates. It has been perhaps a year since the domain was renewed.

The have the same address, so I think there's a fair chance that they
are related.
Andy Wade

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

.... nothing useful. The registrant could be someone not linked to the
company at all,

True, but it does at least give you another line of investigation.

--
Andy

Colin Brook

In message on Sun, 17
Apr 2005, Rob Morley wrote
In article , "Hywel
Jenkins" says...
In article ,
says...
Colin Brook wrote:

Hello,
I recently ordered a light fitting from electriclightcompany.co.uk [...]

Can anyone confirm that they exist or that there might be problems?

Well, a whois lookup at
http://www.nominet.org.uk/ reports.

... nothing useful. The registrant could be someone not linked to the
company at all, and it's entirely feasible for a company to go between
renewal dates. It has been perhaps a year since the domain was renewed.

The have the same address, so I think there's a fair chance that they
are related.

Thanks - I should have said that I have the contact details including
name from whois lookup but there are no replies and I was enquiring to
see if anyone else had either had a problem or had been supplied
satisfactorily.

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703
Colin Brook

In message on Sat, 16 Apr 2005,
Colin Brook wrote
I recently ordered a light fitting from electriclightcompany.co.uk and,
although I received an order acknowledgement e-mail, I have heard
nothing more. I have e-mailed them and left phone messages on their
order line querying the state of the order and still have had no

I could find no negative comments on this group before ordering. Can
anyone confirm that they exist or that there might be problems?

To follow-up my own question:
I have now received my goods quite satisfactorily. It seems they have
been in the middle of moving premises and, because there was a query
about the expiry date on my credit card which needed manual
intervention, my purchase was 'temporarily lost'.

Thanks for the various pointers. Now resolved.
Regards,