tom patton

Default taking off gable of bungalow

Hi all
The brickie is Stihlling off the gable end of my bungalow next week.All of
the outer leaf 7metres and half the inner-our bedroom-is coming down.
My plan is to form a temporary inner wall with 50x50 frame and ply or OSB
about a foot in from the gable.
Is this the way to go to minimise dust ingress etc till the roof is on
connecting the new extension to the existing.There is no need for proping as
the roof beams are on the middle load bearing wall.
Burglars please note an ex-chief inspector lives in our street!

Dave Stanton

Burglars please
note an ex-chief inspector lives in our street!

That will scare em off.....

Dave

again
in the future!!
tom patton

My last neighbour looked out his window at 3 am to see a pair of ankles
sticking out of his car door he ran outside and slammed the door breaking
both the thiefs ankles.Apparently the thief screamed the place down.My
neighbour then phoned the police who arrived with an excited alsation who
quickly found the accomplice barking as he went and then took a chunk out
the other thief.The police were not PC so they admired my neighbours capture
and eventually after tea and biscuits got the ambulance.
Our family slept blissfully through it all.
"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
Burglars please
note an ex-chief inspector lives in our street!

That will scare em off.....

Dave

again
in the future!!

Rick

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:04:57 GMT, "tom patton"
wrote:

Hi all
The brickie is Stihlling off the gable end of my bungalow next week.All of
the outer leaf 7metres and half the inner-our bedroom-is coming down.
My plan is to form a temporary inner wall with 50x50 frame and ply or OSB
about a foot in from the gable.
Is this the way to go to minimise dust ingress etc till the roof is on
connecting the new extension to the existing.There is no need for proping as
the roof beams are on the middle load bearing wall.
Burglars please note an ex-chief inspector lives in our street!

Plastic & gaffer tape on a frame insted of OSB, the dust will get
through every little gap in your woodwork. I'd frame with 3x2 scant -
cause its dirt cheep.. You can use DPM plastic - cause its tough and
cheep.

Rick

tom patton

Thanks Rick Im Stihlling off a section of the outer leaf tomorrow and fixing
a starter kit to the exposed outer and inner leaf.The brickie says best idea
is to get two walls of the extension up take down the outer leaf complete
the last wall get the roof on and take the inner leaf out through a window
access is going to be a problem but I can see his point.