Mike Mitchell

Default Where can I buy a string for a blind?

The string on the pull-switch in my bathroom is frayed and I want to
replace it. However, if I buy a string specially for the purpose,
inevitably the cowboys in the sheds will be wanting £3.99 or something
equally daft.

The string is similar to that used on a blind. Where might one find
just the string itself? A haberdashers, perhaps?

MM
Wanderer

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:22:35 +0100, Mike Mitchell wrote:

The string on the pull-switch in my bathroom is frayed and I want to
replace it. However, if I buy a string specially for the purpose,
inevitably the cowboys in the sheds will be wanting £3.99 or something
equally daft.

The string is similar to that used on a blind. Where might one find
just the string itself? A haberdashers, perhaps?

Excuse me whilst I put my tongue firmly in my cheek - the sheds? To be
serious, I bought a fair sized reel of thin braided cord, suitable for
curtain pulls and the like from B&Q a few months ago. Sorry I can't
remember the price.
mike ring

Wanderer wrote in
:

Excuse me whilst I put my tongue firmly in my cheek - the sheds? To be
serious, I bought a fair sized reel of thin braided cord, suitable for
curtain pulls and the like from B&Q a few months ago. Sorry I can't
remember the price.

Lots of places, I found hardware stores, haberdashers, Woolies, anything to
do with blinds curtains etc.

TBH I was surprised, I needed to restring an otherwise ok venetina blind
years ago, and thought I would have a helluva job

mike r

roller blind help Tony Williams UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 04:20 PM
Roller blind in the shower? S Viemeister UK diy 2 July 21st 03 07:31 PM