Rhys Williams

Default Dried on cr@p round bog rim

SWMBO hasn't been very well recently after a meal in a dodgy
restaurant (don't ask). However, the rather unpleasant side effect of
this is that where the crap has got under the rim of the toilet, it's
dried fast and is very difficult to get off. I've tried bleach, Mr
Muscle and brushing - but it won't shift.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't
want the rats back.

Rhys
RedOnRed

SWMBO hasn't been very well recently after a meal in a dodgy
restaurant (don't ask). However, the rather unpleasant side effect of
this is that where the crap has got under the rim of the toilet, it's
dried fast and is very difficult to get off. I've tried bleach, Mr
Muscle and brushing - but it won't shift.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't
want the rats back.

Rhys

Yuck, that sounds nasty and beggers the question (for the record) what
manner of meal/food poisoning combo would cause such immovable crap? And how
on earth did it get under the rim? Where presumably it's unnoticeable
anyway?

It sounds like you've tried all the obvious. It may be time to don the
shades and false beard, put on a husky low voice and go down the local
hardware shop and ask for something a tad more industrial.

Your secret's safe here.

I didn't want to spell this out, but she's a big lady and from the
sounds she was making was blowing like the great storm of '89 in there.
I don't want to use anything too industrial, as it's part of a =A3599
new bathroom suite that cost me thrice as much to get installed in
February.

I swear she did it on purpose!

Oliver

Nice..... Just came back from Holiday and someone left something I can only
describe as quick setting concrete in the planes toilet. Even with the
immense suction that plane toilets create and endless amounts of water it
just wouldn't budge, no amount of water, paper or crowbars managed to budge
it, till I saw one of the stewardesses go in with what looked like a spatula
and some cleaning fluid. Needless to say I didn't eat the meal after that!

Dave

Oliver wrote:
Nice..... Just came back from Holiday and someone left something I can only
describe as quick setting concrete in the planes toilet. Even with the
immense suction that plane toilets create and endless amounts of water it
just wouldn't budge, no amount of water, paper or crowbars managed to budge
it, till I saw one of the stewardesses go in with what looked like a spatula
and some cleaning fluid. Needless to say I didn't eat the meal after that!

In an aircraft, all the water is re-cycled until it lands and gets
emptied :-(

Dave
Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:34:27 +0000 (UTC), Dave wrote:

In an aircraft, all the water is re-cycled until it lands and gets
emptied :-(

How do you explain blue ice/rain then...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Jezza Smith

Dave wrote:

Oliver wrote:
Nice..... Just came back from Holiday and someone left something I can only
describe as quick setting concrete in the planes toilet. Even with the
immense suction that plane toilets create and endless amounts of water it
just wouldn't budge, no amount of water, paper or crowbars managed to budge
it, till I saw one of the stewardesses go in with what looked like a spatula
and some cleaning fluid. Needless to say I didn't eat the meal after that!

In an aircraft, all the water is re-cycled until it lands and gets
emptied :-(

Utter and complete bull****

The air in the cabin is recycled and mixed with bleed air off the
engine compressor stages so depending on the airlines policy and
aircraft operating regime air in the cabin can get less fresh on a
long flight.

The water used for the wash basins is to all intents and purposes
absolutely identical to that coming out of a tap at home and is fit
for human consumption as is all water in the galley, the taps might be
labelled that it is not drinking water but that is just to cover the
airlines backs.

The water, disinfectant and hydroxide mix used for toilet flushing is
refilled on the ground, comes from a holding tank that unless the
aircraft is undergoing a major overhaul NEVER contains anything but
the original mix. The mix is discharged into the toilet bowl via an
intermediate tank protected by dual non return valves.

The effluent goes into another tank that is only ever emptied on the
ground. Very occasionally the ground service valves leak when debris
collects on the valve seats or the seals fail. This can lead to blue
ice containing **** falling to the ground.

:::Jerry::::

wrote in message
oups.com...

quote
I don't want to use anything too industrial, as it's part of a £599
new bathroom suite that cost me thrice as much to get installed in
February.

I swear she did it on purpose!
/quote

If it's so badly damages then claim on your household insurance or
stop being a whimp !

This really is starting to sound like a troll.

Andy Dingley

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:22:12 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

This really is starting to sound like a troll.

Even trolls have toilets, and I imagine trollcrap _would_ be quite
hard to clean.

I sincerely hope I've cleaned worse toilets than anyone else reading
this - homeless shelter, full of smackheads. They don't crap very
often, what with the bowel-paralysing diet of opiates, but when they
do, oh boy.... We got through a _lot_ of conc. sulphuric acid drain
cleaner.

Actually there _are_ worse things to clean from a toilet. Anyone obese
on a diet of Olestra and fat-absorbtion-blocking drugs (what are the
damn things called?). It has to go _somewhere_.

[news]

wrote:

This really is starting to sound like a troll.

Even trolls have toilets, and I imagine trollcrap _would_ be quite
hard to clean.

I sincerely hope I've cleaned worse toilets than anyone else reading
this - homeless shelter, full of smackheads. They don't crap very
often, what with the bowel-paralysing diet of opiates, but when they
do, oh boy.... We got through a _lot_ of conc. sulphuric acid drain
cleaner.

Actually there _are_ worse things to clean from a toilet. Anyone obese
on a diet of Olestra and fat-absorbtion-blocking drugs (what are the
damn things called?). It has to go _somewhere_.

mate of mine was on them and against our advice and medical instructions,
ate a greasy chinese meal. a few hours later he experienced the anticipated
'anal leakage' but because it was vegetable oil and at body temperature he
didn't notice until it was pointed out to him that he'd left an extremely /foul/
smelling oil patch on a seat. oh, how we laughed

RT

Lee

Andrew McKay wrote:

The great storm was October 14th 1987. I know because my wife had just
given birth to my daughter in hospital and she was on the top floor.
Emergency plans were laid to move everyone to a safer location.

It's usually recognised as being the night of 15/16th October - since
this is when the main damage occured.
Though the storm did start to develop earlier.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Dave Gibson

"Lee" wrote in message
news
Andrew McKay wrote:

The great storm was October 14th 1987. I know because my wife had just
given birth to my daughter in hospital and she was on the top floor.
Emergency plans were laid to move everyone to a safer location.

It's usually recognised as being the night of 15/16th October - since this
is when the main damage occured.
Though the storm did start to develop earlier.

Yep you are definitely correct. I remember because Friday is our dustbin
collection day, and I had put out everything on the Thursday night for the
early Friday morning collection.

Never saw the dustbin again.

Dave

Andrew Gabriel

In article ws.net,
":::Jerry::::" writes:

There was also a smaller storm in 1990, much less actual damage was
caused but there were more deaths and injuries due to the storm taking
place in daylight hours. Gordon Kaye, from 'Allo Allo' fame, was
critically injured by this storm when a piece of wood pieced his
skull.

If it's the one I'm remembering, it was 25th January, as I was
trying to buy a Microwave for someone's birthday whilst it was
going on. Found one in Debenhams in Luton, but couldn't buy it
as the power went off and the tills didn't work. Left Debenhams
for Commet and that was a mistake. The old boarded up CO-OP was
still in Luton then, except it didn't stay boarded up for long,
and the large boards, probably 10'x20', were blowing around like
sheets of paper. Some of the parked cars were being holed by
roof slates coming down like guillotine blades. I got into Comet
and bought the microwave. It had got worse, and I couldn't leave
the shop. We were standing looking out the shop front window as
roof slates came raining down. Some of them were caught by the
wind and ended up going horizontally like frizbies, and would
very likely have killed anyone they hit -- they were going
through the door panels and windows of the parked cars. Then
the wind took out the front window of a corner shop opposite,
which went down the road in one whole piece for perhaps 50 yards
before it hit the ground and smashed. We all stepped back from
the Commet shop front window at that point. After 15 minutes or
so, it calmed a bit, and I held the microwave oven over my head
and swiftly trotted back to my car. Many of the shop windows
had gone, mainly due to roof slates smashing through them from
the other side of the road.

--
Andrew Gabriel
:::Jerry::::

"Rhys Williams" wrote in message
om...
snip

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't
want the rats back.

Assuming this isn't a troll....

Latex gloves and Stanley blade whilst being careful ?...

Stuart

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:28:52 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Rhys Williams" wrote in message
. com...
snip

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't
want the rats back.

Assuming this isn't a troll....

Latex gloves and Stanley blade whilst being careful ?...

A pair of rubber gloves ,a scrubbing brush and some AJAX scouring
powder ( yes,you can still get it ) and just go for it .
Stuart .

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Stuart

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:13:01 +0100, "Ian Waddell"
wrote:

Ajax? Can you still get it?? I've been looking around for it for ages,
Tesco, Sainsbury's etc.. but no joy. Where do you get yours from?

I found it in a local Asian minimart ...like you I thought it was
extinct .
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Stuart

wrote:

Ajax? Can you still get it?? I've been looking around for it for ages,
Tesco, Sainsbury's etc.. but no joy. Where do you get yours from?

This is similar
https://secure.serverroom.co.uk/~cle...r/it080018.htm

Google is your friend.
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Dave Liquorice

On 12 Apr 2005 04:11:21 -0700, Rhys Williams wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem?

I'd go for soaking with hot water, of course the hard bit is getting
the water to up stay there. So a J cloth or similar soaked and stuffed
up the rim for an hour or three and kept wet should soften it up
again. Then a bit of the good old elbow grease.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 12 Apr 2005 04:11:21 -0700, Rhys Williams wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem?

I'd go for soaking with hot water, of course the hard bit is getting
the water to up stay there. So a J cloth or similar soaked and

stuffed
up the rim for an hour or three and kept wet should soften it up
again. Then a bit of the good old elbow grease.

yeah, it shoudl be easy if treated right. Hot water and cheapo washing
up liquid, which is the best stuff for quick softening. Apply it every
few minutes, once its soft it just brushes off effortlessly.

Did you know **** used to be used in buildings like cement?

NT

RedOnRed

I feel a best seller coming on...

"101 Ways To Remove Stubborn ****"

It would probably just be a flash in the pan though.

:::Jerry::::

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
I feel a best seller coming on...

"101 Ways To Remove Stubborn ****"

It would probably just be a flash in the pan though.

I can see the feminist version now,
"101 Ways To Remove A Stubborn ****"....

I'll find my coat !

raden

In message , RedOnRed
writes
I feel a best seller coming on...

"101 Ways To Remove Stubborn ****"

I bet it would get crap reviews though

It would probably just be a flash in the pan though.

--
geoff
David Lang

Hi Rhys
Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't
want the rats back.

How about one of those steam cleaning machines? Argos sell them
http://tinyurl.com/6lfqr

That should shift it and sterilize any oooh nasties at the same time.

Dave

The Natural Philosopher

Rhys Williams wrote:

SWMBO hasn't been very well recently after a meal in a dodgy
restaurant (don't ask). However, the rather unpleasant side effect of
this is that where the crap has got under the rim of the toilet, it's
dried fast and is very difficult to get off. I've tried bleach, Mr
Muscle and brushing - but it won't shift.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this nuisance problem? I don't
want the rats back.

Rhys

Get an abrasive sponge and get to work, you wuss!

SWMBO hasn't been very well recently . . . .

the crap has got under the rim of the toilet, it's

dried fast and is very difficult to get off.

If you really loved her you'd lick it off.

raden

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article .com,
writes
SWMBO hasn't been very well recently . . . .

the crap has got under the rim of the toilet, it's

dried fast and is very difficult to get off.

If you really loved her you'd lick it off.

Urrg!!, Rimming, disgusting practice, perhaps they still do this in
parts of the North urrgh;(....

I think you'll find that the word has a very slightly different meaning

--
geoff

Gripper

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Urrg!!, Rimming, disgusting practice, perhaps they still do this in
parts of the North urrgh;(....
--

Now I have to clean G & T off my monitor.
Thankyou all contributors!

Gripper

hmm that's an idea, mayby G&T will clean the cr&p off ?

hmm that's an idea, maybe G&T will clean the cr&p off ?