sky

Default Help! How to remove permanent marker from brickwork?

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth) red
bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world
outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging)
annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

Marcus Fox

"sky" wrote in message
k...
Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth)

red
bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world
outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging)
annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

Just wondering whether or not the ink would be dissolved by acetone?

Marcus

Heds

sky wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth) red
bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world
outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging)
annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

I have always found that hairspray works well on marker pens, I used to
use the V05 pump spray, think it was called mega spray or something.

/Heds

Johnny Rotten

"sky" wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth) red
bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world
outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging)
annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

Grind the scull of the ****er who did it into the pen mark until they
fall limp.

Then come back and we'll tell you how to remove the blood stains.

Ian Stirling

Johnny Rotten wrote:
"sky" wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth) red
bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world
outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging)
annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

Grind the scull of the ****er who did it into the pen mark until they
fall limp.

Yeah, they really hate it when you break their boats.

Carolyn

Heds hedleyDOTphillips@SPAMcomsaDOTcoDOTuk
wrote:
sky wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from
(smooth) red bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have
decided that the world outside my front wall needs to know that
'**** was here 2005'. Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my
(currently
raging) annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

I have always found that hairspray works well on marker pens, I used
to use the V05 pump spray, think it was called mega spray or
something.

/Heds

I once had some random obscene (deriding policemen, nothing at all to do with me) graffiti
sprayed on my side wall (which is also smooth red bricks) in silver spray paint.I rang my
local Council & they advised me of a free Graffiti Buster service they provide & it was
sorted 2 days later. I never saw what they did, but I believe it may have been `jetted`
off the wall, but I could be wrong. May be worth a try.. Having said that, its generally
only if its obscene or racist remarks, but again, it might be worth a go..

--
Carolyn
CBR400RR Red/White/Purple

Dave

wrote:

I once had some random obscene (deriding policemen, nothing at all to do with me) graffiti
sprayed on my side wall (which is also smooth red bricks) in silver spray paint.I rang my
local Council & they advised me of a free Graffiti Buster service they provide & it was
sorted 2 days later. I never saw what they did, but I believe it may have been `jetted`
off the wall, but I could be wrong. May be worth a try.. Having said that, its generally
only if its obscene or racist remarks, but again, it might be worth a go..

They probably use graffiti removal spray. I had some graffiti at the
local school and the spray I have did not do the job too quickly, so I
called in the County lads and they used their graffiti remover and got
rid of the lot.

As you say, I would approach the local council and see if they can help
remove any marker pen inks that have been used on the wall.

Dave
Jonathan Telfer

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:10:35 +0000, Marcus Fox wrote:

"sky" wrote in message
k...
Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth)

red
bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world
outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging)
annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

Just wondering whether or not the ink would be dissolved by acetone?

Marcus

Ethanol/alcohol will certainly remove the ink. I guess it depends on how
much the ink has penetrated into the brick + whether you can dab it out.
bloody scroats

Remove concrete sealer from fresh concrete Steve Miles Metalworking 8 May 25th 04 02:37 PM
remove permanent marker UK diy 18 March 4th 04 12:35 AM
How do you remove bearings on Servis Washing machine Charlie UK diy 3 February 24th 04 01:02 AM
Best Way To Remove Bowl???? Go NY Giants They Stink, Go Anyway!! Woodturning 16 November 15th 03 11:52 AM
Handspring Treo - How to remove the flip dgbear Electronics Repair 8 October 6th 03 03:19 AM