neilr

Default Timber online pricing guide?

[ I posted this over at free.uk.diy.home yesterday, but the group seems to
be v_e_r_r_r_r_y quiet these days ]

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of stuff
just to give me some idea of the cost?

Neil

Dave Jones

"neilr" wrote in message
[ I posted this over at free.uk.diy.home yesterday, but the group seems to
be v_e_r_r_r_r_y quiet these days ]

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of stuff
just to give me some idea of the cost?

Neil

Travis Perkins www.trademate.co.uk

Chris Bacon

Dave Jones wrote:
"neilr" wrote...
[ I posted this over at free.uk.diy.home yesterday, but the group seems to
be v_e_r_r_r_r_y quiet these days ]

"of course it is".

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of stuff
just to give me some idea of the cost?

Travis Perkins www.trademate.co.uk

Yup. Take that as a "worst case" - then try Jewson's, Buildbase, or
whoever. To just work out what you need and nip in to ask is a good
idea, too.
NickFinnigan

"neilr" wrote in message

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

http://www.cwberry.com/EPB2.01/index.html

Will give you prices, but no online calculator.

Rick

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:01:06 +0100, "neilr"
wrote:

[ I posted this over at free.uk.diy.home yesterday, but the group seems to
be v_e_r_r_r_r_y quiet these days ]

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of stuff
just to give me some idea of the cost?

Neil

All sorts

http://www.wlwest.co.uk/home/index.asp
http://www.blumsom.co.uk/
http://www.artezan.co.uk/
http://www.associatedtimber.co.uk/contact.asp
http://www.bendywood.com/
http://www.robbins.co.uk/
http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk/
http://www.certainlywood.com/
http://www.edens.co.uk/StockGuide(Jan-Apr-2000)/page9.htm
http://www.englishoakdirect.co.uk/
http://www.fitchetts.co.uk/pricelist.htm
http://www.goodtimber.com/
http://www.sykestimber.co.uk/hardwood.htm
http://www.lathamtimber.co.uk/
http://www.woodworkersdirectory.com/...asp?cat=timber
http://www.morgantimber.co.uk/
http://www.geocities.com/northheighamsawmills/
http://www.pdusa.com/products/thinbirch.htm
http://www.cobodex.qc.ca/species/soft_maple.htm
http://www.thorogood.co.uk/php/frame...ntent=Products
http://www.timberconnection.co.uk/offers.php3
http://www.trevaron.com/timber_merchants.htm
http://www.timbmet.co.uk/
http://www.interestingtimbers.co.uk/
http://www.edens.co.uk/
http://www.woodnet.org.uk/
http://www.woodbypost.fsnet.co.uk/wo...an%20Oak%20log
http://www.atkinsandcripps.co.uk/
http://www.timber-routes.co.uk/

neilr

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of
stuff just to give me some idea of the cost?

Neil

Travis Perkins www.trademate.co.uk

Excellent, just what I was looking for - thanks very much guys!

Neil

Cuprager

neilr wrote:
[ I posted this over at free.uk.diy.home yesterday, but the group seems to
be v_e_r_r_r_r_y quiet these days ]

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of stuff
just to give me some idea of the cost?

Neil

That sounds ike something that would be useful, which rules out B&Q's
website!
Rick

wrote:

[ I posted this over at free.uk.diy.home yesterday, but the group seems to
be v_e_r_r_r_r_y quiet these days ]

Anybody know of a website where I can find pricing for finished timber -
preferably one with an online calculator. I've tried the likes of B&Q,
Homebase etc. etc. but no joy.

I'm looking at designing and building a summerhouse/garden store type
building so possibly 70x35mm CLS, 20mm weather boarding, sarking, T&G
flooring etc. etc.

Anybody know of a site where I could price up a BOQ for this sort of stuff
just to give me some idea of the cost?

Neil

I look up "Tomlinson Parbans" on google, their site has their timber
prices in excell format, and they are not so far rom me. The B&Q price
prommice shoud match the prices for you.

Rick