Jonathan Telfer

Default Wonky ClickFix bit holder

Hi,
I have the diamond bit set plus clickfix bit holder from screwfix

I thought I could never get it straight in the chuck, until I got a
drill plus countersink with a hex end and that is dead straight -
suggesting my clickfix holder is wonkey. I had originally planned that
I'd be able to put the drill in the clickfix holder to speed things up,
but when I do the end of my 3mm drill looks about 8mm wide on full speed.

Do all these bit holders do this? I've sent back one set and the
second set is also out of true. Should I send this set back too? + What
would the group recommend as a replacement.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

r.p.mcmurphy

"Jonathan Telfer" wrote in message
news
Hi,
I have the diamond bit set plus clickfix bit holder from screwfix

I thought I could never get it straight in the chuck, until I got a
drill plus countersink with a hex end and that is dead straight -
suggesting my clickfix holder is wonkey. I had originally planned that
I'd be able to put the drill in the clickfix holder to speed things up,
but when I do the end of my 3mm drill looks about 8mm wide on full speed.

Do all these bit holders do this? I've sent back one set and the
second set is also out of true. Should I send this set back too? + What
would the group recommend as a replacement.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

no they don't...I've had mine for a couple of years now, and its always been
true. never had a problem with it. send it back, they will replace it no
probs.

Steve

John Rumm

Jonathan Telfer wrote:

Do all these bit holders do this? I've sent back one set and the
second set is also out of true. Should I send this set back too? + What
would the group recommend as a replacement.

Nope, I have a couple of them - both perfect. You sure it is not your
chuck that is out of true?

--
Cheers,

John.

Pete C

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:52:37 +0000, Jonathan Telfer
wrote:

Hi,
I have the diamond bit set plus clickfix bit holder from screwfix

I thought I could never get it straight in the chuck, until I got a
drill plus countersink with a hex end and that is dead straight -
suggesting my clickfix holder is wonkey. I had originally planned that
I'd be able to put the drill in the clickfix holder to speed things up,
but when I do the end of my 3mm drill looks about 8mm wide on full speed.

Do all these bit holders do this? I've sent back one set and the
second set is also out of true. Should I send this set back too? + What
would the group recommend as a replacement.

Hi,

I use a magnetic bit holder, and for drill/driving in awkward places I
use 2 cordless drills ))

cheers,
Pete.

Thanks in advance,