Andrew McKay

Default DIY Meet 12th April

Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

If you are within commuting distance of the Thames Valley (Reading in
particular) why not come along for a beer and some food (note: at your
own expense - buy what you consume!).

Tuesday 12th April @ 7:30pm onwards. Location is The George which is
just off the Winnersh junction on the A329M:

http://www.readingrestaurants.com/the_george/

Nosh is good. Some reasonable choices of beer. Car parking available.

It's completely informal, wives and girlfriends welcome. If the
weather was okay (possibly not at this time of the year) we could sit
outside by the river.

Last time we were there we were at the far end of the building from
the entrance. However we'll have to be dictated by whatever seating is
available.

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk

John Stumbles

Andrew McKay wrote:

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)
Doctor Evil

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
Andrew McKay wrote:

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)

Or follow the yellow Cat and DeWalt boots. And there may be a caber leaning
in the corner.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

Andrew McKay wrote:

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)

Or follow the yellow Cat and DeWalt boots. And there may be a caber

leaning
in the corner.

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/DimmWagon.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

....will you be wearing your clogs and cloth cap?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Andy Hall

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:08:26 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

Andrew McKay wrote:

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)

Reprints of Part P reduced to beermat size?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

Andrew McKay wrote:

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)

Or follow the yellow Cat and DeWalt boots.

I think that you may be confusing this with your normal activity of
following the yellow brick road.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:00:26 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

...will you be wearing your clogs and cloth cap?

Are you going to lend him yours? Don't forget the chip from your
shoulder....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

...will you be wearing your clogs and cloth cap?

How can you mock when you're too much of a coward to even turn up ?
I suppose that even if you tried coming along, you'd get lost and end up
in Manchester

--
dIMM

Owain

Andy Hall wrote:
Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)

Reprints of Part P reduced to beermat size?

And some John Prescott stickers for the urinals?

Owain

In article , Owain owain47125@
stirlingcity.coo.uk writes

Now you're just taking the ****!
--
David
Doctor Evil

wrote in message ...
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

...will you be wearing your clogs and cloth cap?

How can you mock when you're too much of a coward to even turn up ?
I suppose that even if you tried coming along, you'd get lost and end up
in Manchester

Is Manchester in the third world?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Mary Fisher

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going to
report on it, here?

Mary

Mike

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is Manchester in the third world?

Nope. It's just that dirty smelly bit between the Lake District, Yorkshire
Moors, Peak District and Cheshire plains that sensible people try to avoid
going to.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going to
report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/
(Geoff took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is Manchester in the third world?

Nope. It's just that dirty smelly bit between the Lake District,
Yorkshire
Moors, Peak District and Cheshire plains that sensible people try to avoid
going to.

I admit that Manchester isn't my favourite destination but it isn't dirty
and it isn't smelly. It's just big.

It's mot as big as London but it's not as dirty or smelly either.

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going
report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:

That's wonderful, thanks!

But I don't know some of the people so we'll definitly need a new set next
week :-)

Mary

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

wrote in message ...
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

...will you be wearing your clogs and cloth cap?

How can you mock when you're too much of a coward to even turn up ?
I suppose that even if you tried coming along, you'd get lost and end up
in Manchester

Is Manchester in the third world?

That's the International Man of Mystery guise blown then

--
dIMM
Doctor Evil

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going
report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:

That's wonderful, thanks!

But I don't know some of the people
so we'll definitly need a new set next
week :-)

Mary

Mary, Ed was poisoned. He is choking. The current Ed must be an impostor.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going to
report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/
(Geoff took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

In the lurid red and green still

I apologise for the grainy quality, I was experimenting with stills on
my camcorder, I should have used a proper camera

Since I was taking the photos and am not in shot, here's one for you ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raden

--
geoff
raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going
report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:

That's wonderful, thanks!

But I don't know some of the people so we'll definitly need a new set next
week :-)

Well the names are all there

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

Since I was taking the photos and am not in shot, here's one for you ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raden

Thank you.

I think.

Mary

--
geoff

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going

report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/
(Geoff took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

In the lurid red and green still

I apologise for the grainy quality, I was experimenting with stills on
my camcorder, I should have used a proper camera

Since I was taking the photos and am not in shot, here's one for you ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raden

Maxie, there are questions on that web site to the authenticity of the man
up the tree in a frock.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going

report on it, here?

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/
(Geoff took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

In the lurid red and green still

I apologise for the grainy quality, I was experimenting with stills on
my camcorder, I should have used a proper camera

Since I was taking the photos and am not in shot, here's one for you ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raden

Maxie, there are questions on that web site to the authenticity of the man
up the tree in a frock.

No, that's me living 2 minutes walk from a tropical beach earning
significantly more than you'll ever earn

A hard life eh ?

--
geoff

Andrew McKay

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:22:04 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going to
report on it, here?

I think last time we had maybe 8 or so turn up. It's just a jolly
evening where we muse about whatever we want.

I suppose part P and politics will have to come up on this occasion.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk

Andrew McKay

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:23:11 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/
(Geoff took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

I seem to recall that John Stumbles might have taken some piccies at
the last Reading meet. Never did see the results

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message

Since I was taking the photos and am
not in shot, here's one for you ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raden

Maxie, there are questions on that web site
to the authenticity of the man
up the tree in a frock.

No, that's me living 2 minutes walk
from a tropical beach earning
significantly more than you'll ever earn

Maxie, how long have you been wearing frocks? How long have to been up
trees? Also you said you were fat, so that frock photie must be very old.
But I do see a beer belly there.

A hard life eh ?

It is Maxie, climbing up trees in frocks. Very hard. How do you earn all
this money on a beach, up a tree and wearing a frock?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
John Stumbles

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/
(Geoff took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

I seem to recall that John Stumbles might have taken some piccies at
the last Reading meet. Never did see the results

If you'd seen the pictures you'd realise why :-)

"Darling, drink makes you so beautiful"

"But I haven't been drinking"

"No but I have"

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.stumbles/uk.d-i-y/

Can't remember who the chap on the left in the 3rd picture was. Maybe it
really was you-know-who :-)
Mary Fisher

"John Stumbles" wrote in message

I seem to recall that John Stumbles might have taken some piccies at
the last Reading meet. Never did see the results

If you'd seen the pictures you'd realise why :-)

"Darling, drink makes you so beautiful"

"But I haven't been drinking"

"No but I have"

And you're all so young ... !

Mary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.stumbles/uk.d-i-y/

Can't remember who the chap on the left in the 3rd picture was. Maybe it
really was you-know-who :-)

AlexW

Mike wrote:
"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is Manchester in the third world?

Nope. It's just that dirty smelly bit between the Lake District, Yorkshire
Moors, Peak District and Cheshire plains that sensible people try to avoid
going to.

Yeah right.

Have you been here recently? Ever?
Doctor Evil

"AlexW" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is Manchester in the third world?

Nope. It's just that dirty smelly bit between the Lake District,

Yorkshire
Moors, Peak District and Cheshire plains that sensible people try to

avoid
going to.

Yeah right.

Have you been here recently? Ever?

Which bits are not dirty and don't smell then? Has it turned into Monte
Carlo?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

Andrew McKay wrote:

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted
around? :-)

Or follow the yellow Cat and DeWalt boots.

I think that you may be confusing this with your normal activity of
following the yellow brick road.

I'm sure that would be much more fun. More fun than being naked up a tree
wearing only a frock.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
[news]

Doctor Evil wrote:

More fun than being naked up a tree wearing only a frock.

don't fence yourself in.

RT

selfbuilder

I might be able to make it too.

Jo

Andrew McKay

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:19:12 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

And you're all so young ... !

That'll be the John Stumbles Acme camera filter. Dunno why he doesn't
trademark it, he could make a fortune!

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk

raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

I think that you may be confusing this with your normal activity of
following the yellow brick road.

I'm sure that would be much more fun. More fun than being naked up a tree
wearing only a frock.

Been there, done it and got the petticoat have you ?

p.s. You can't be naked if you're wearing a frock ... by definition

--
geoff
John Stumbles

Mary Fisher wrote:
"John Stumbles" wrote in message

I seem to recall that John Stumbles might have taken some piccies at
the last Reading meet. Never did see the results

If you'd seen the pictures you'd realise why :-)

"Darling, drink makes you so beautiful"

"But I haven't been drinking"

"No but I have"

And you're all so young ... !

it's only the clothes Mary - can't get smocks and gaiters down here ;-)
John Stumbles

wrote:

And you're all so young ... !

That'll be the John Stumbles Acme camera filter. Dunno why he doesn't
trademark it, he could make a fortune!

Actually I just put up a random selection of pictures from GQ online :-)
Mary Fisher

"John Stumbles" wrote in message

And you're all so young ... !

it's only the clothes Mary - can't get smocks and gaiters down here ;-)

The clothes, I thought, were quite old fashioned. Why would you want
smocksand gaiters?

Mary