Andy Hall

Default uk.d-i-y London Meet: Final call for participants, 1st August

Thanks to all who replied to my first message.

After discussion with John Schmitt, who organised the last meet, I
have made a provisional reservation at New Loon Fung Restaurant,
42, Gerrard St., WC2 for a week on Friday, the 1st August at 8pm.

http://www.eatoutgoout.com/Restauran...natown_WC2.asp

This establishment is apparently moderately priced (John says they
have a set menu for around a tenner, which for West End prices seems
remarkable).

I propose that we meet up at the Moon under Water (a J D Wetherspoons)
at 28 Leicester Square from about 6pm.

http://tinyurl.com/htha

I have made the restaurant reservation provisionally for ten but can
vary it accordingly, and I have also personally emailed everybody that
I can remember who went last time as well as those who responded this
time - if I have forgotten anyone apologies.

In order to get numbers reasonably accurate, please would those
wishing to come, email me at as soon as possible.

thanks

Andy

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
Thanks to all who replied to my first message.

After discussion with John Schmitt, who organised the last meet, I
have made a provisional reservation at New Loon Fung Restaurant,
42, Gerrard St., WC2 for a week on Friday, the 1st August at 8pm.

http://www.eatoutgoout.com/Restauran...natown_WC2.asp

This establishment is apparently moderately priced (John says they
have a set menu for around a tenner, which for West End prices seems
remarkable).

I propose that we meet up at the Moon under Water (a J D Wetherspoons)
at 28 Leicester Square from about 6pm.

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink carnations?

---

Andy Hall

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:21:55 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks to all who replied to my first message.

After discussion with John Schmitt, who organised the last meet, I
have made a provisional reservation at New Loon Fung Restaurant,
42, Gerrard St., WC2 for a week on Friday, the 1st August at 8pm.

http://www.eatoutgoout.com/Restauran...natown_WC2.asp

This establishment is apparently moderately priced (John says they
have a set menu for around a tenner, which for West End prices seems
remarkable).

I propose that we meet up at the Moon under Water (a J D Wetherspoons)
at 28 Leicester Square from about 6pm.

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink carnations?

No need. Photos of participants from last time are on Andrew Gabriel's
web site.

You are cordially invited. I'm sorry that the meeting point is not
under the clock at Waterloo station and that participants probably
won't have folded copies of the Times.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
BillR

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
IMM wrote:
I propose that we meet up at the Moon under Water (a J D
Wetherspoons) at 28 Leicester Square from about 6pm.

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink
carnations?

I'd suggest DeWalt workboots. So much more exclusive than Cats.

I thought CAT stood for "Can't Afford Timberland"

Dave Plowman

In article ,
BillR wrote:
How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink
carnations?

I'd suggest DeWalt workboots. So much more exclusive than Cats.

I thought CAT stood for "Can't Afford Timberland"

That would be right since IMM is always on about them, and he's a
cheapskate.

--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

I propose that we meet up at the Moon under Water (a J D Wetherspoons)
at 28 Leicester Square from about 6pm.

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink carnations?

It's only necessary to listen for the loudest voice - once you've found
me, the rest of them won't be far away. Don't forget, the hard core have
already met at the last get together - url please Dave ...

Are you brave enough to come along John?

John? I will be there, but which one?

---

David Hearn

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:21:55 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

How about a folded copy of the latest Screwfix catalogue?

Ian Clowes

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in message ...

There's no link from the home page, but they're he
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

Hi

4th one down is Tony and Andy.

Cheers
IanC
Zymurgy

Andy Hall wrote
Thanks to all who replied to my first message

After discussion with John Schmitt, who organised the last meet, I
have made a provisional reservation at New Loon Fung Restaurant,
42, Gerrard St., WC2 for a week on Friday, the 1st August at 8pm.

http://www.eatoutgoout.com/Restauran...natown_WC2.asp

B*gger. I'm going to a concert on that day.

Next time though ...

DIY meets real life. Who'd have thought it !!

Cheers,

Paul.
RichardS

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
Thanks to all who replied to my first message.

After discussion with John Schmitt, who organised the last meet, I
have made a provisional reservation at New Loon Fung Restaurant,
42, Gerrard St., WC2 for a week on Friday, the 1st August at 8pm.

Natural or work disasters and washing machine/car repairs permitting (I
_knew_ I should have bought a spare just in case!) I'll be there.

I'm just worried in case you (or I) all turn out to be 32yr old ex-marines,
or 12 yr old girls. Briefing my lawyer just in case...

cheers
Richard

Andy Hall

On 24 Jul 2003 10:55:26 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink carnations?

No need. Photos of participants from last time are on Andrew Gabriel's
web site.

There's no link from the home page, but they're he
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

Andrew, are you able to come along?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
geoff

In message , Andy Hall
writes
Gabriel) wrote:

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink carnations?

No need. Photos of participants from last time are on Andrew Gabriel's
web site.

There's no link from the home page, but they're he
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_london/

Andrew, are you able to come along?

Where are we meeting up?

I.e. drinking hole