Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
tom patton

Default T400 Stihl saw advice

Just bought a Stihl T400 stone cutter--could not resist the price-£130--it
was fitted with a carborundum disc I tried it then fitted a diamond
12inch--what a difference- a hot knife thro butter--on 6 inch concrete
anyway.
Couple of queries--its more temperamental to start than my Huskqvarna chain
saw even when fitted with new air filters and spark plug it still needs a
lot of choke until it starts.
Compression seems to be fine and its got plenty of power.
Is this normal.
Im using the water fitting on it and there is no dust--I have a few lintels
to put in internal brick walls and internal walls to remove does the water
system cause a big mess indoors if I remove carpets etc and protect with
polythene.
What a tool I suppose you think twice and cut once with it.
Can I get a diamond wheel for cutting wheel clamps on my occasional trips to
London.