Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pet

Default Earth Bonding Query.

In the process of having our house rewired (1970's wiring done by spider
man!) and the discussion of bonding came up.
As we have none at all, it has already been put in, but the query I have
is, should one be unfortunate enough to touch a bonded item (sink/tap
etc) and a live source, surely the resulting electrocution would be far
more severe than an un-bonded house?

I know theoretically you shouldn't be able to reach any electrical
source while touching bonded "bits" but that's never going to happen, so
is bonding MORE of a health risk than getting a little tingle from an
un-bonded house?

After all, you're more likely to get a shock from exposed electrical
appliances than you are from a wire somehow connecting with the copper
pipes etc?

Just a point for discussion rather than a "thats the law" kind of reply.
Ta.

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!

Earth bonding query Lobster UK diy 1 July 8th 04 11:28 AM
Earth bonding cable - minimum size? Lobster UK diy 12 May 28th 04 04:56 AM
Microbore Earth Bonding Charles Middleton UK diy 16 May 10th 04 01:05 PM
Earth Bonding Water Heater Doctor D. UK diy 7 March 20th 04 09:19 PM
Earth bonding cable? Jeff UK diy 7 February 7th 04 07:34 AM