Pet

Default Earth Bonding Query.

wrote:

The real cause of you getting a shock would appear to be that the
earthing on the microwave had failed. If its case had been correctly
connected to the wiring earth you wouldn't have got a shock regardless
of the state of the neutral connection. I don't really understand how
your 'fractured neutral' caused the microwave to be live.

No, nor me, unless it was touching the earth.... ?
As for the 120v (measured potential between sink and Microwave case, I
just assumed it was a half wave (?) of the 240v

Either way, both have been replaced and the bonding hs been run to the
taps/sink.

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!