Wordy

Default House airbricks and conservatory base

Hi,

I am thinking of putting a conservatory on to the back of my house,
and am wondering how I am going to keep the use of my airbricks. The
house has a suspended floor, with 3 airbricks across the back wall of
the house. I want to put a base down for the conservatory, but this
will involve blocking two of the airbricks. Can I put some form of
ducting through the concreate base of the conservatory to enable air
to still pass through the airbricks, or do I need to build some form
of suspended floor for the conservatory, and place further airbricks
in the outer wall of the conservatory base ?

Hope this make sense to you...

Paul..
Christian McArdle

Can I put some form of ducting through the concreate base of the
conservatory to enable air to still pass through the airbricks,
or do I need to build some form of suspended floor for the
conservatory, and place further airbricks in the outer wall of
the conservatory base ?

Either solution is acceptable.

I used the suspended floor solution, although this was mainly because it
would have been extremely difficult to get sufficient concrete in for a
conventional base, as I have a mid-terraced house with no rear access and
access through the house would have precluded wheelbarrows.

http://www.ezebuilder.co.uk/page3.html

Christian.