Rick Dipper

Default House airbricks and conservatory base

On 14 Jul 2004 03:12:05 -0700, (Wordy) wrote:

Hi,

I am thinking of putting a conservatory on to the back of my house,
and am wondering how I am going to keep the use of my airbricks. The
house has a suspended floor, with 3 airbricks across the back wall of
the house. I want to put a base down for the conservatory, but this
will involve blocking two of the airbricks. Can I put some form of
ducting through the concreate base of the conservatory to enable air
to still pass through the airbricks, or do I need to build some form
of suspended floor for the conservatory, and place further airbricks
in the outer wall of the conservatory base ?

Hope this make sense to you...

Paul..

When I did a simiar thing in my house we used 4 inch frain pipes to
duct the air bricks under the floor. You get into issues with cavity
trays and stuff in the cavity of the new wall.

Rick