RogerN

Default Hydraulic Hoses Online source?

Anyone have a good online source for hydraulic hose? The two local places
don't stock many of the fittings for my backhoe and I'd prefer to replace
more than 1 hose at a time. I thought there should be a place online where
you can select a hose, a length, and fittings, then they would assemble it a
ship it to you. Or perhaps I could just buy the fittings & hose and pay the
local shop to crimp the ends on.

Also, I'm looking for some of the wire spring coil that goes over the hoses
to protect them.

Thanks!

williamhenry

where are you located , there is a company called pirtek that does a pretty
good job of equipment hoses .

Rex B

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:18:21 GMT, "RogerN" wrote:

||Anyone have a good online source for hydraulic hose? The two local places
||don't stock many of the fittings for my backhoe and I'd prefer to replace
||more than 1 hose at a time. I thought there should be a place online where
||you can select a hose, a length, and fittings, then they would assemble it a
||ship it to you. Or perhaps I could just buy the fittings & hose and pay the
||local shop to crimp the ends on.

Your local shop should invest in the fittings you need. Unless you went out of
the area to buy your equipment, they will surely get more requests for those
fittings. If they are not willing to do that, I'd take my business elsewhere.
I am sure you can buy the fittings online, and probably custom assemblies.
Have you considered buying a used crimper and the fittings you need? You can
usually pick up an older machine for around $500, often less.

Texas Parts Guy
desperado

Try Surplus Center. used to be called Burdens Surplus. www.surpluscenter.com
They have all kinds of bulk hydraulic hose, and fittings. they are in
Nebraska.
As for myself, whenever I have to change out a hydraulic hose and since I
don't want to invest in the crimp equipment, I get a new hose and install
reusable or field attachable fittings. They come in both JIC 37 and pipe
sizes. All you need is a couple of regular wrenches. Might be double the
cost of a made up crimped assembly on average, but I like to be able to work
on my stuff with a minimum of outside help.
Make sure you get the same number of wires in the hose. Most tractor type
stuff I work on my farm is about 2000psi and most of the hose is 2 wire
hose.
Also, I can order Gates bulk hydraulic hose at my local Big A auto parts
store. Try NAPA or Big A as a source for hose. Don't know if all the stores
are equipped with the crimp gear, but my local Big A store has the setup.
--
don paolino
"RogerN" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anyone have a good online source for hydraulic hose? The two local places
don't stock many of the fittings for my backhoe and I'd prefer to replace
more than 1 hose at a time. I thought there should be a place online

where
you can select a hose, a length, and fittings, then they would assemble it

ship it to you. Or perhaps I could just buy the fittings & hose and pay

the
local shop to crimp the ends on.

Also, I'm looking for some of the wire spring coil that goes over the

hoses
to protect them.

Thanks!

Drill Press Handle Source Greg Woodworking 9 April 3rd 04 08:52 AM
Noise reduction Dirtleg Woodworking 10 January 9th 04 06:43 AM
good -- and trustworthy -- online source of curly hard maple? Abe Woodturning 11 October 3rd 03 12:32 AM
Source of tile transfers online? David Hearn UK diy 7 September 12th 03 05:18 PM