Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default M1.5 x 0.3 by 3.5 long

Ever hear of this size screw and where to get?

My Zenni glasses need one of these. I ordered a watch screw set and
its not in there. It had one 3mm long, and smaller diameter 4mm long
but not this one.

I might be off a tad, this is my best guess from the optical
comparator.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:10:57 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Ever hear of this size screw and where to get?

My Zenni glasses need one of these. I ordered a watch screw set and
its not in there. It had one 3mm long, and smaller diameter 4mm long
but not this one.

I might be off a tad, this is my best guess from the optical
comparator.

Karl

Very likely could be 1.4mm diameter
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:10:57 AM UTC-4, Karl Townsend wrote:
Ever hear of this size screw and where to get?

My Zenni glasses need one of these. I ordered a watch screw set and

its not in there. It had one 3mm long, and smaller diameter 4mm long

but not this one.

I might be off a tad, this is my best guess from the optical

comparator.

Karl

Your local friendly optician should be able to help. Just don't tell him where you got the glasses grin.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/10/2014 9:10 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
Ever hear of this size screw and where to get?

My Zenni glasses need one of these. I ordered a watch screw set and
its not in there. It had one 3mm long, and smaller diameter 4mm long
but not this one.

I might be off a tad, this is my best guess from the optical
comparator.

Karl

Wal-Mart fixes glasses for free.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.microfasteners.com/home.php?cat=737
--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl, I've been buying Zeni for years. With every order I buy an extra pair of frames. ($7). Have lots of parts because I'm abusive with my glasses.
I know this doesn't answer your concern but I thought I'd share.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ever hear of this size screw and where to get?

My Zenni glasses need one of these. I ordered a watch screw set and
its not in there. It had one 3mm long, and smaller diameter 4mm long
but not this one.

I might be off a tad, this is my best guess from the optical
comparator.

If Walmart Optical can't fix it free, try another optometrist's
office. Not ophthalmologist, but optometrist. They're the more
equipped of the two. The others just write sulfa scripts.

I come from a long line of optometrists. My grandfather freely gave
some inventions to the AOA in his more altruistic days. And Dad, my
uncle, and my cousin Sasha were all optos. Grandpa had a wonderfully
machine-populated lab for making glasses up on S. Wilshire Blvd in
HelL.A. back in the '60s. I wasn't much into it at age 10, though.

Another possibility is to check with a fastener distributor near you.
If they don't have it, they can probably put you in touch with someone
who does.

--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ever hear of this size screw and where to get?

My Zenni glasses need one of these. I ordered a watch screw set and
its not in there. It had one 3mm long, and smaller diameter 4mm long
but not this one.

I might be off a tad, this is my best guess from the optical
comparator.

Karl

http://www.microfasteners.com/home.php?cat=737

BINGO, thanks for the link. Milady is going to try the local wally
world first.

Just got back from an EPIC ROAD TRIP. Went ten hours to pick up my
son's first CNC mill. had truck trouble on the way back. Decided to
limp it home on the back roads. We left at 0430 AM - just arrived at
11:30 PM. The kid is still going for another hour. pretty sure the
truck is dead for good when ever he turns the key off again.

Karl

You have come a long way Wes[_5_] Metalworking 8 July 11th 10 03:42 PM
A Long Long Tale of B&Q Mixer Taps michael adams[_3_] UK diy 3 October 28th 09 10:59 PM
8' long rip on TS MikeWhy Woodworking 42 December 18th 08 06:01 PM
How long does it take? Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 28 January 26th 06 04:10 AM
Shock well - how long is too long? S.L. Home Ownership 1 January 16th 05 10:43 PM