Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DEFINING AND UNDERSTANDING THE LEFT

On 2/13/2012 2:40 PM, beryl wrote:
On 02/13/2012 02:17 PM, Richard wrote:
On 2/13/2012 3:39 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

I'm having trouble thinking that someone who writes this was in public
knows much about Christian values either.

Why not?

If you have to ask, then I doubt I'd be able to explain satisfactorily.

But it didn't sound much like the teachings of Jesus, did it?
The name calling and ugly suggestions?
But then in this world there are many kinds of Christians.
Maybe we just "believe" differently?

If you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you?
Even "sinners" do that. Luke 6:33 (NIV)

Oh, I like that one.

39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall
they not both fall into the ditch? Luke 6:40 (KJV)

? Eh. I don't get it.

And one that could apply to a lot of this crowd...

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own
opinions. Proverbs 18:2 (NIV)

That's good too.

(which I guess I am doing here...)

Nice selection, very nice. But a reflection of Xtian values? Not by what
I've seen. RogerN, for example, probably the most rabid Xtian who posts
here, is filth.

Then he would reflect the values of the southern wing of Christianity.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 02/14/2012 12:25 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 2/13/2012 2:40 PM, beryl wrote:

Nice selection, very nice. But a reflection of Xtian values? Not by what
I've seen. RogerN, for example, probably the most rabid Xtian who posts
here, is filth.

Then he would reflect the values of the southern wing of Christianity.

Hawke

Religion, values ...

We can imagine a Perfect SuperBeing, in our image! Now, turn it around
and say that He created us in His image!
Further, all of Creation is His gift to Us!

Little wonder that religion sucks in eager adherents.