Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DEFINING AND UNDERSTANDING THE LEFT

On 2/13/2012 11:56 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:54:41 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

On 2/12/2012 2:03 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:44:47 -0700, "Ray Keller"DESPERATE RIGHTARD
TROLL wrote:

DEFINING AND UNDERSTANDING THE LEFT

The origins of the modern left can be traced back to the famous passage in
Rousseau’s Discourse on the Origin and Foundations of Inequality, in which
he condemned the institution of private property:

Idiot. How many Americans "on the left," or on the right, for that
matter, have read Rousseau's Second Discourse?

The origins of the social attitudes of the "modern left" are derived
from Christianity. You might know that if you read the New Testament,
too. The arguments between Hobbes and Rousseau, and Rousseau and
Burke, are not where the average American gets his ideas about
inequality and how to treat the poor. He gets them from Jesus's
scribes and recorders. Today's Christians cherry-pick those words to
make both sides of the argument. For conservatives to claim authority
from the New Testament is ludicrous almost beyond belief, but that
doesn't stop them. They have sharp scissors.

Why do you keep overreaching into such absurd territory, Ray? You have
no idea what any of this is about. You're just the lowest sort of
troll, the cut-and-paste freak who thinks he can pull the wool over
other peoples' eyes.

Troll.

They do it because they have to. When you get down to the reality of it
you see that the arguments from the right are barren and threadbare.
There is nothing to them. They're just afraid of change, which they see
coming, and they're trying desperately to hold on to the status quo.
That's not happening, of course, so what is their alternative? To make
absurd arguments and claims about the "left".

It's clear to most that the result of the experiment in the conservative
idea of trickle down economics or help those at the top and it will help
everyone has been a massive failure. We now have the worst state of
economic inequality in our history and the majority has taken the brunt
of it and they are complaining loudly. They want their financial status
back. They want the money that went to the top brought back to the middle.

Those at the top like what has happened and want to maintain it by way
of their surrogates, the republican party. To maintain the status quo in
the face of such inequality is hard to do. So you see the desperate
moves to try to blame everything on the Democrats, and that is all you
are seeing here is more of that effort by the right to keep things as
they are. I don't see it working this time. They hurt way too many
people this time.

Hawke

Depending on my mood, when they try to intellectualize their position,
I either find it funny or obnoxious. Watching Gunner quote Supreme
Court cases used to be funny. Ray is just obnoxious.

But it's also kind of funny. I'm picturing him with a copy of Burke's
_Reflections on the Revolution in France_ in one hand, and Rousseau's
Second Dissertation in the other, arguing from one to the other in a
college library while someone approaches from behind with a big
butterfly net...

To me it's like watching bad golfers, really bad golfers. If you
considered the great thinkers, great minds, and great arguments made
over time you can't help but marvel at the intellectual ability of the
great ones. To use a sports metaphor, I compare them to watching Tiger
Woods when he was at his peak. It was a thing of beauty.

Then I look at the really bad golfers and see how awful they are
compared to someone at the pinnacle like Tiger. I look at the right
wingers like Ray and Gummer as if they are really bad golfers trying to
play a game they really stink at. In this case they are trying to play
the intellectual game, and they really stink at that too. They are
hopeless cases, yet they think they are exceptionally good, and want
every chance they can to be compared to great ones.

These right wingers want to be thought of as on the intellectual par
with anyone. The just don't seem to understand that means you have to be
good and you can't come to the table with crap and not be laughed out of
the place. They over rate themselves so much it's ridiculous. They're
terrible at the brain game but want to play it with the big boys and
they think they belong there with them. It's just too bad they are never
going to learn they are nothing but the rankest of amateurs and are way
out of there league intellectually and educationally. So I guess that
leaves us the task of reminding them how bad they really are.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:19:44 PM UTC-8, Hawke wrote:

..

These right wingers want to be thought of as on the intellectual par
with anyone. The just don't seem to understand that means you have to be
good and you can't come to the table with crap and not be laughed out of
the place. They over rate themselves so much it's ridiculous. ..

Hawke

Left wingers beggars and theives not only think they can tax us productive people, they are are indignant about it.

This left wing arrogance will leave them stomped in the dirt of history.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Hawke wrote:

Why is it that you right wing folk always think you are the most
productive people? Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were not right wing and
they were pretty darn productive.

Hawke

Except that Bill Gates is pretty right wing in some areas, and middle
of the road to the left in others.

That's the problem with trying to pigeon hole everybody based on one
part of their personality.

As shreck said, they have layers.

jk
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/15/2012 5:20 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

Why is it that you right wing folk always think you are the most
productive people? Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were not right wing and
they were pretty darn productive.

Hawke

Except that Bill Gates is pretty right wing in some areas, and middle
of the road to the left in others.

That's the problem with trying to pigeon hole everybody based on one
part of their personality.

As shreck said, they have layers.

jk

Too complex for this crowd...