Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Defining Your Personal Style

These are some questions I'm sure you have been contemplating if you
are not quite sure of your personal style. In decorating, your personal
style is a reflection of you! It's an expression of who you are, what
you like, your tastes, your moods, your life experiences, travel,
education and so forth.
Most of us do have somewhat of a grasp of what we like. Colors,
textures, and styles are all a part of what we display in our spaces to
show it.
So the question is, which style would work best in my home? Typically,
the style should relate to the home's architecture. Usually you would
not see a boat house or ocean theme type styling in a Victorian home,
for example. ( Although, for the person who longs to have that look, it
is possible. You can achieve that personal style if that is what you
like.)
There are really no rules to follow if it is done in good taste. You
can even express different facets of your personal style in different
rooms of your home. So grab all the design magazines to get started.
Clip out pictures of rooms you like and keep a decorating file on hand
to inspire and delight your creative senses.
Are you leaning toward a certain color? Maybe warm colors, like reds
and yellows? Or cool colors, like blues and greens? How does each color
make you feel? Happy? Sad? Comfortable? Uncomfortable? Calm? Depressed?
Experiment with a poster size color sample of the color(s) you are
choosing from. Live with them for a day or two. Note the color change
from day to night and from artificial light to natural light. Don't
worry. You can always change your mind. Experiment.
http://decoratecj.blogspot.com/#

Defining Your Personal Style [email protected] Woodworking 1 November 22nd 06 04:44 PM
New personal lathe Tom Nie Woodturning 2 October 27th 05 12:32 PM
Personal Orginiser-Help Blair Malcolm UK diy 1 February 17th 05 09:37 AM
Need help defining grades Pat Woodworking 10 August 13th 04 12:15 AM
My personal review Leon Woodworking 25 July 16th 03 11:26 PM