Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default huntsville, al help needed

I'm in the Huntsville, Alabama area and need a couple or three brackets.
I don't know how to draw what I need I just know what I need. If
there is anyone nearby that needs some spare money, just reply to us,
pref in email, and we'll go from there! Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 04/07/2011 12:33 PM, David wrote:
I'm in the Huntsville, Alabama area and need a couple or three brackets.
I don't know how to draw what I need I just know what I need. If there
is anyone nearby that needs some spare money, just reply to us, pref in
email, and we'll go from there! Thanks.

It'll help if you say if you need them machined, welded, or just bent up
from sheet.

(I'm in the Oregon City, Oregon, area, so I can't help much other than
by tossing in suggestions from the sidelines).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David wrote:
My guess is that they will need to be machined.

David, you will have better luck with responses if
you can provide a good mental picture for everyone.

Suggest you cruise Google for a bracket similar to
the one you want, provide a link and then describe
how yours is different.

Answer the questions 'Who', 'What', 'Where', 'Why',
'When' and 'How Much'.

Example:

"I need someone to fabricate four brackets from
0.065" wall 1" mild steel square tube.

They have to look like this:

http://www.draperinc.com/images/Proj...et_Vscreen.jpg

..except the short side needs to be 12" and the
long side needs to be 24" long. I need 3/8" dia.
mounting holes drilled on ~3" centers on both legs
into the 'wall' and 'shelf' surfaces. The tube
ends need plain welded caps.

The finish is to be flat black powdercoat.

All the engineering calculations have been done and
there is ample safety factor for combined static and
dynamic loading. They will be used to mount LED light
fixtures in a studio.

Gotta have all four at my shop in Huntsville by
June 30, 2011. My budget is $65 each, including
shipping and handling.

See my website for contact info:
http://HuntsvilleArchitecturalInnovations.com/David/

Simple, yes?

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Simple for one experienced in the field. For me, no. I know that
sounds silly to you guys but your are domain experts while I have zero
experience in your world.
I know what task needs to be done but not how to do it or how to
calcualate it.
There a lot of things I can do but this ain't one of them. 'S why I
have to ask for help.

Dilemna boy, me.

Thanks,
David