Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Death & Destruction of a Fluke Multimeter

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:42:37 +1100, Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:44:21 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My AUD$3K Fluke PM97 failed from normal use. The batteries
wouldn't hold a charge from day 1, the AC adapter failed after
only a short time, one of the probes failed soon after, and then
the meter itself failed.

Then why wasn't it repaired/replaced under warranty?

I bought it in Australia, but I took it to Singapore. I suppose I
could have made the effort to have the batteries replaced, but I
relied on the AC adapter, until it failed.

- Franc Zabkar

Just the same, i think i would have force fed it to the local dealer instead.
At that price, i might well have flown back and force fed it to the dealer that
was foolish enough to sell me a clearly defective unit.