fancy nospam tunes

Default Why do Fluke multimeter LCD displays fade? Any Fluke model immune?

There are third-party Display Fade Kits for Fluke multimeters. Gives
me an impression, from used/for sale Flukes, that fading is an
inevitable outcome. Any opinion of the the fading/durability of the
Fluke 87, 111, 110, 112, or 81438 models? Are any Fluke multimeters
immune (or less-apt) from display fade?

I'm asking this because Fluke multimeters cost $300-$400 for the new
models replacing the 80 series.

What I want is the Fluke's alert beeps when a new min/max is sensed.
Are there any other brands of multimeters that have this feature?

I have not had any trouble with my Fluke 85. On
most LCD displays, the fading means that the
battery is weak and its time for a new one.
John

G. Louie

I'm not familiar with general Fluke display fading, but mine was cured by
simply taking the LCD panel out and cleaning the zebra bar and associated
contacts.

In article .com,
wrote:
I have not had any trouble with my Fluke 85. On
most LCD displays, the fading means that the
battery is weak and its time for a new one.
John

Jerry G.

I have been using Fluke meters for years, and never had any problems with
the displays!

--

Jerry G.
=====

"fancy nospam tunes" wrote in message
om...
There are third-party Display Fade Kits for Fluke multimeters. Gives
me an impression, from used/for sale Flukes, that fading is an
inevitable outcome. Any opinion of the the fading/durability of the
Fluke 87, 111, 110, 112, or 81438 models? Are any Fluke multimeters
immune (or less-apt) from display fade?

I'm asking this because Fluke multimeters cost $300-$400 for the new
models replacing the 80 series.

What I want is the Fluke's alert beeps when a new min/max is sensed.
Are there any other brands of multimeters that have this feature?

mike

Jerry G. wrote:
I have been using Fluke meters for years, and never had any problems with
the displays!

I've seen a number of them with big black spots. Probably poor humidity
seal.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.