Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default toshiba 37" lcd tv

my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

F Murtz wrote:
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

My Samsung has a similar-sounding shadow that shows up on darker colours
at the edge of the screen, and it is slowly getting worse. I suspect
something disturbing the backlighting.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...=Google+Search

http://groups.google.co.uk/g/e4f7fee...AlcfA976K69qQA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Chris Bartram wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

My Samsung has a similar-sounding shadow that shows up on darker colours
at the edge of the screen, and it is slowly getting worse. I suspect
something disturbing the backlighting.

I tried massaging the screen gently and thought it was better for a
while but it is not.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...=Google+Search

http://groups.google.co.uk/g/e4f7fee...AlcfA976K69qQA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

F Murtz wrote:
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

Sounds like you have smoked a couple of pixels or more

I bet it looks like soot?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

Sounds like you have smoked a couple of pixels or more

I bet it looks like soot?

I found out it is something called mura.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

F Murtz wrote:
Jamie wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

Sounds like you have smoked a couple of pixels or more

I bet it looks like soot?

I found out it is something called mura.

And here is a picture similar to mine.

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...10927_11lo.jpg