Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Poly pipe entering crawlspace

I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 24, 8:05*am, stryped wrote:
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

By the way I tried a conduit sweeping 90 on the end of the pipe going
through the crawlspace and it was too much fo rthe pipe and kinked it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 24, 6:05*am, stryped wrote:
I have my pipe in the ditch...
Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Galvanized steel IS rust-resistant; that's what serves most
homes here. If yours is from an untrusted supplier, you can try
to protect it by wrapping with fusion tape (kind of self-
sticking rubber tape, used for electrical splices in wet
locations), or just make sure the drainage is good by
strategic use of gravel under and over the fitting.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

The hole should be below the frost line. You can't bend poly pipe in that
tight a radius. I'm not sure you're supposed to use those sprinkler barbed
fittings on a water service line.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

We have poly from the street to the house. At the house, there is a 90
degree elbow to turn it upright. Just use a couple elbows. And Anything
that you do not want to rust, use a brass pipe.