Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Printer Overhauls?

How are printer overhauls done?

Sent it to some central location?

Local guys subcontracting for computer stores?

Users are on their own?

I've got an HP 4000 whose rollers are gone and which is printing
grey stripes on the output. The rollers I can live with. The
grey stripes are eventually going tb a problem with printing
checks that have tb scanned by banks/clearing houses.
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
How are printer overhauls done?

Sent it to some central location?

Local guys subcontracting for computer stores?

Users are on their own?

I've got an HP 4000 whose rollers are gone and which is printing
grey stripes on the output. The rollers I can live with. The
grey stripes are eventually going tb a problem with printing
checks that have tb scanned by banks/clearing houses.

That's an easy printer to maintain. Print a test page to find out how
many pages are on it. Rollers are mostly tool-less for replacement.
There are lots of places you can get parts and supplies for those
printers. I've used printerworks.com and feedroller.com. Both of those
have online parts references.

As for the stripes, that could be several things. The easiest test is
swapping the toner cartridge. Well, easy if you have a spare cartridge.
If you don't, look for a local toner refill place that might let you use
a test cartridge.

The type and spacing of the stripes can identify what is causing them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
How are printer overhauls done?

Sent it to some central location?

Local guys subcontracting for computer stores?

Users are on their own?

I've got an HP 4000 whose rollers are gone and which is printing
grey stripes on the output. The rollers I can live with. The
grey stripes are eventually going tb a problem with printing
checks that have tb scanned by banks/clearing houses.

Are the stripes *down* the page or *across*?

printer fuse Fred UK diy 37 August 6th 09 11:38 AM
I want one of these: Homemade 3D Printer [email protected] Metalworking 6 August 25th 07 04:06 AM
HP Printer Dick Electronics Repair 4 March 13th 07 03:33 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM